Accounting Intern will support Florida Tech Accounting department with month and year-end assignments, annual audit, and perform ad-hoc projects as needed assigned by the Controller and Assistant Controller.*This is a 3 month position*
- Prepare journal entries, balance sheet account and bank reconciliations, analyze accounts to determine transactions are proper and research discrepancies
- Assist in the annual audit, including Single Audit. Prepare audit schedules and reconciliations
- Effectively manage client relationships and expectations of deadlines and deliverables
- Works independently and takes initiative
- Other duties as assigned
- Recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor's or Masters in Accounting or Finance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of responsibility, accuracy, and efficiency
Official transcripts of all collegiate work must be sent directly from the attended institution to the Human Resources Office prior to the first day of employment. All international degrees must have a course-by-course official evaluation and translation sent to the Human Resources Office directly from an evaluation company affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES).
Florida Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Florida Tech does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Office of Title IX at John E. Miller Office Building (401QAD), 150 West University Blvd, Melbourne, FL 32901, TitleIXCoordinator@fit.edu, or 321-674-8885, or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling the Office of Human Resource at 321-674-8100.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Notifications, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.fit.edu/media/site-specific/wwwfitedu/security/documents/20200776_FINAL2_ASR-MainCampus.pdf
We are an E-verify employer