: Career ServiceDepartment:
: Academic Affairs/Academic OperationsLocations:
: Niceville, FLPosted:
: Apr 15, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About Northwest Florida State College:
In over 50 years of service, Northwest Florida State College has earned a reputation for educational excellence and community involvement. As part of Florida's public system of 28 state and community colleges, NWF State College offers bachelor's degree programs, associate degrees, and certificates.
If you are disabled and need accommodations in order to participate in the application/selection process, please notify Human Resources before the specified closeout date. All qualified persons will be considered on an equal basis. Any applicant grievance should be addressed to the Human Resources Executive Director. NWF State College prohibits any form of discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, genetic information, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age in any of its programs, services, or activities. Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans for Career Service positions. NWF State College is an Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Institution and a Drug Free Workplace.
Two (2) Positions Available
The individual filling this position is expected to play a positive role in helping the College change as necessary to effectively carry out its mission. Stay up-to-date with professional trends in technology with regards to office work, and help facilitate the continual change that may be required to keep instruction current and relevant.
The full-time Academic Affairs Support Specialist position is directly accountable to the Associate Director of Academic Operations for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide clerical support to deans, chairs, directors, and vice presidents.
- Verify PreFLaC, perform SSB FLAC, double check processed records for Faculty Load and Compensation tasks.
- Communicate with faculty and chairs/directors about Attendance Confirmation, Missing Grades, Mid-term Grades, and Final Grades.
- Update rolled class schedules to meet scheduling needs.
- Perform approvals of room reservations in Ad Astra.
- Manage program costs and update course fees
- Create and maintain a continuity binder
- Assist in training teammates.
- Prepare and proof official correspondence, memoranda, minutes, presentations, charts, and other documents.
- Setup and maintain specialized office files and maintain confidential data.
- Assist in registration when necessary.
- Correspond with students regarding course availability and cancellations.
- Assist in the facilitation of faculty meetings and workshops.
- Support chairs, directors, and deans in the collection management of Student Learning Outcomes from faculty.
- Facilitate communication with Barnes & Noble Bookstore and publisher representatives.
- Verify collection and maintain faculty syllabi and office hour schedules (per term.)
- Update all active Administrative Course syllabi including verifying information in Banner and the College Catalog.
- Maintain routine and confidential office files, including electronic and server files, reorganize and purge for efficiency as needed.
- Retrieve data for reports, perform research and retrieval of records, and conduct statistical comparisons of information.
- Collaborate with administration, faculty, and staff to ensure student success.
- As a part of the college's risk management tool, annual mandatory compliance training is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College paid health insurance for employee, dependent coverage at employee's expense
- College paid basic life insurance for employee, additional coverage for employee and/or dependents at employee's expense
- College paid retirement with 3% employee contribution to the Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Optional dental and vision insurance at employee's expense
- Sick and Annual (Vacation) Leave accrual
- Time off for designated holidays, winter break, and spring break
- 37.5 hour work week
- Flexible summer hours available
- Free tickets to designated Mattie Kelly and Raider Athletic events
- High School and two (2) years of relevant work experience required.
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
- Excellent teamwork and customer service skills.
- High-functioning leadership, planning, and organization experience.
- Pro-activeness and willingness to take initiative.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets with knowledge of multi-tab spreadsheets.
- Associates degree or higher preferred.
- Work experience in the higher education setting preferred.
Classification: Career Service
Location: Niceville Campus
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
All sections of the application must be completed.
In addition to the application, please submit ALL of the following:
- A cover letter explaining why you consider yourself qualified for this position.
- Unofficial copies of unofficial transcripts (if applicable).
*After submitting your resume, the following page will allow you to upload additional documents. The maximum allowable size for uploading documents is 10 MB. Documents exceeding 10 MB must be scanned at a lower resolution or divided into separate documents to reduce file size.