Job Code and Payroll Title
009251 HOSP BLANK AST 3 Job Summary
Under supervision of Department of Surgery clinic management guided by policies and procedures of the Ambulatory Services, and in collaboration with the Clinical Nursing Staff, the Hospital Assistant III assists in the delivery of care to patients in the Department of Surgery ambulatory group practices and functions as the contact for new and returning Surgery patients requiring ambulatory care at UCSF Medical Center. Work includes a variety of personal care and clinical procedures including rooming patients, taking vital signs, performing blood pressure checks, conducting medication reconciliation, ordering and stocking medical supplies and monitoring patient flow. S/he will perform assigned patient care and laboratory procedures in support of the specialty care services provided to patients within the practices. S/he is required to learn and be able to assist in the Department of Surgery. S/he is required to adhere to the Telephone and House Standards as adopted by the Medical Center.Organization
Hospital Assistant IIIEmployee Class
8 Hours Shift
DaysAdditional Shift Details
Monday - FridayBargaining Unit
American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees - Patient Care Technical Unit (AFSCME-EX) Job Category
Support ServicesRequired Qualifications
- One year of experience as a Medical Assistant/Hospital Assistant in a Surgical practice.
- Knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
• EPIC Experience
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Proficiency in operating the MS Windows environment including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Excellent customer services skills; ability to communicate effectively in person and over the telephone. Excellent written and oral English skills; Ability to do basic mathematic calculations.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment with frequent addition of high priority tasks and regular changes to daily assignments; Ability to prioritize duties.
• Ability to learn new systems and computer applications.
• Ability to conduct oneself with professionalism under stressful situations dealing with distraught or upset patients and/or families.
• Demonstrated ability to present to work on time and maintain minimal absenteeism. License/Certification
- Certification from an approved Medical Assistant program; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Current American Heart Association CPR Certification.
Full TimeDepartment Name
SurgeryEqual Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.About UCSF
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.Pride Values
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.Location
Parnassus Heights (SF)