Job Code and Payroll Title
009031 ADMITTING WORKER PRN Job Summary
The Pre-Admitting Representative is primarily assigned to the Pre-Admit Unit but may rotate or be assigned to any area or site as outlined in the Admitting Department Expectations. Organization
Admitting Worker / Pre-Admitting RepresentativeEmployee Class
8 Hours Shift
DaysAdditional Shift Details
American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees - Patient Care Technical Unit (AFSCME-EX) Job Category
Administrative Support, Financial, Support ServicesRequired Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two (2) years experience at the Admitting Worker or comparable level.
- Proficiency in health insurance eligibility and authorization requirements.
- Proficiency in reimbursement financial policies.
- Knowledge of government program regulations, Medi-Cal, Medicare, MIA, C.C.S., and other third-party payors.
- Ability to problem solve; ability to analyze data and recommend changes.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a culturally diverse staff and patient/family population.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Office Machine Skills: ADT experience required, knowledge of office machines; typing 30 wpm and must have basic Personal Computer skills.
- Medical Terminology: Basic knowledge required.
- Articulate and concise oral communication
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
Bilingual capabilityPosition Type
Full TimeDepartment Name
PreAccessEqual Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.About UCSF
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.Pride Values
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.Location