Job Code and Payroll Title
009251 HOSP BLANK AST 3
Under supervision of the Manager, guided by policies and procedures of Ambulatory Services, the Primary Care Medical Assistant will participate on a clinical team which handles daily rooming and health record maintenance of primary care patients within the Women’s Health Primary Care (WHPC) practice. The role of the MA is to assist the provider care team by coordinating care for patients on and off the daily schedule. The MA will act as a conduit for the transmission of information between providers and patients and coordinate services for patients needing preventive care maintenance, especially those with serious, complex or chronic health problems. The MA will provide advocacy, information, and referral services to patients and families to address their medical and psychosocial needs.
Medical Assistant III
Additional Shift Details
Monday - Friday
American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees - Patient Care Technical Unit (AFSCME-EX)
• Certification from an approved Medical Assistant program or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• One year experience as a Medical Assistant in a medical practice.
• Knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
• Current American Heart Association CPR Certification.
• Demonstrated computer familiarity, keyboard skills, computer literate in programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Willingness to learn new computer programs as needed to sustain practice operations.
• Ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultures and diverse socioeconomic situations.
• Familiarity with Epic (APeX) electronic health record system
• Familiarity with immunizations including cycles and standard recommendations
• Experience working with the public, preferably in a medical/hospital/clinic environment
• Demonstrated fluency in Spanish or Chinese language: speaking, reading and writing
• Internal Medicine, Geriatric, or Family Medicine experience
• Familiarity and/or prior experience using a disease registry to track a population of patients
• Experience collecting, and entering data, identifying errors and missing information, and performing basic analysis
• Certification in phlebotomy (CPT)
• Current American Heart Association CPR Certification
Women's Health Primary Care
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Mount Zion (SF)