ATHLETICS DEPT ASSISTANT
Working Title: Sports Marketing Associate
Duke University is seeking a qualified candidate for a part-time internship to serve as Sports Marketing Associate from August 1st, 2022 - May 31, 2023. This position will assist in the development, coordination and implementation of marketing plans for the intercollegiate sports programs at Duke University. Assists in overall revenue generation, game day atmosphere, branding and community outreach.
BA/BS recommended with a minimum of one year related experience at the collegiate or professional level suggested.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability
· Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrate experience in marketing or sales.
· Knowledge of ACC and NCAA rules and regulations as pertains to duties of position.
· Proficiency in computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe PhotoShop or InDesign or a similar program and other relevant software.
· Proficiency with social media including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and SnapChat.
· Ability to work under minimal supervision while achieving established goals.
· Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
· Valid driver license with good driving record; must be insurable.
· Manage, develop and implement all marketing and promotional efforts for assigned sports including student and community outreach, game day atmosphere and hospitality.
· Assist in the implementation of marketing plans for football, men’s and women’s basketball.
· Coordinate on-court/field, pre-game, half-time and post-game entertainment and music for various varsity sports programs.
· Coordinate community outreach efforts to involve groups throughout the area.
· Assist in the execution of corporate sponsorships contracts.
· Assist in the development and growth of group sales campaign for various varsity sports programs.
· Assist in the development and implementation of single game promotions to increase revenues.
· Assist in the training of student and volunteer staff
· Coordinate game day planning and promotions for various varsity sports programs.
· Work with the placement of multimedia advertising for various varsity sports programs.
· Serve as the Donation Request Coordinator for the marketing department.
· Assist in the development of printed materials (i.e. posters, schedule cards, season ticket brochures, etc.).
· Assist in the promotion of events and ticket packages via social media.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to [email protected] with "Sports Marketing Associate" in the subject line AND submit your documents online at https://hr.duke.edu/careers/apply for Requisition Number 186845
Work requires analytical, communication and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree program.
No experience required beyond bachelor's degree.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.