Developmental Mathematics Instructor - Part Time AdjunctJob Category:
MATH & SCIENCESJob Description Summary:
Seeking Developmental Math Adjunct instructors for courses starting in the Fall 2022 semester. Our Developmental and Transitional Mathematics courses include College Arithmetic, Introductory Algebra and Mathematical Literacy. Current available courses require face-to-face instruction; day and/or night availability at the Dowagiac and/or Niles campuses.Required Qualifications:
We do not have online courses available at this time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach effectively using a variety of instructional methods
• Be accessible to students
• Grade assignments and respond to student inquiries
• Provide timely feedback to students’ questions and concerns
• Use Moodle (our LMS platform) regularly for posting assignments, attendance, and grades
• Proficient with computer technologies, including Microsoft Office and email
• Familiar with rules, regulations, administrative practices, guidelines and policies of the College
• Provide the department with student performance data that is required for regular outcomes assessment
• Work comfortably with a diverse student population that includes dual-enrolled high school students, traditional college students, and nontraditional college students
• The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive, but a list of the major responsibilities. Additional duties not noted in the job description may be assigned by a supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Math Education, education degree, or related field with significant teaching experience. Preferred Qualifications:
• Master’s degree or higher in mathematics or equivalentOther Information:
• Community College teaching experience
All applicants must demonstrate the ability to promote active and collaborative learning through a variety of teaching methods, as well as relate to students. Excellent organization and communication skills as well as the demonstrated use of instructional technology are required.Physical Requirements:
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:Close Date:
1. The physical activity of this position.
A. Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
B. Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
C. Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
D. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
2. The physical requirements of this position. Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
3. The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
4. The conditions the employee will be subject to in this position. None. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.