: Los Angeles, CAPosted:
: Apr 14, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About Mount Saint Mary's University:
Mount Saint Mary's is the only women's university in Los Angeles and one of the most diverse in the nation. The University is known nationally for its research on gender equity, its innovative health and science programs, and its commitment to community service. As a leading liberal arts institution, Mount Saint Mary's provides year-round, flexible and online programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Weekend, evening and graduate programs are offered to both women and men. Mount alums are engaged, active, global citizens who use their knowledge and skills to better themselves, their communities and the world. www.msmu.edu
Mount Saint Mary's University is an equal opportunity employer. The University is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The University will not assist applicants with any visa matters. A background check will be required. Applicants must also provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination of condition of employment.
Create and manage partnerships between Mount Saint Mary's University and community college advisors, academic departments and other transfer-centered community college departments. Create and manage corporate partnerships to support transfer student enrollment. Represent the University to prospective transfer students and their families. Support recruitment activities and evaluate applicants for admission to MSMU.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and manages the effort to create relationships with community college advisors, academic departments and other transfer-centered community college departments. This effort will be conducted by direct mail, phone, email and in person.
- Manages and expands the MOU's, ADT programs and articulation agreements with community colleges.
- Directs and manages existing relationships with corporate partners and expand relationships to additional industries.
- Completes transfer credit evaluations for transfer applicants, including nursing transfer evaluations.
- Analyzes and evaluates documents submitted with applications for admission (i.e. school transcripts, test scores, references, essays and resumes) for the prospective transfer students.
- Plans, organizes and implements various programs for prospective students and their parents, transfer counselors and corporate partners throughout the year designed to generate interest in MSMU.
- Interacts in a professional manner with a variety of professionals inside and outside of the University who have an impact/influence on prospective students.
- Works closely with prospective students and applicants throughout the admissions process via telephone and text, email contacts, letters and personal meetings.
- Organizes a schedule of community college visits, including travel arrangements and confirmation of visits as well as off campus recruitment events.
- Contacts and meets prospective MSMU students through repeated visits to community colleges and attending college fairs throughout California to generate applications for admission.
- Participate in multiple admission office events supporting the recruitment efforts for both first-year and transfer applicants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Other duties as assigned:
1. Organizes, plans and executes programs designed to support the recruitment effort.
2. Participates in professional association meetings (e.g. Western Association of College Admissions Counselors) when appropriate.
3. Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Working knowledge of the structure of college admissions, community college transfer centers and of public/ private high school counseling; analysis of transcripts and standardized admission tests; and the role of an Associate of Arts degree versus a Bachelor's degree.
- Understanding of financial aid policies and procedures helpful.
Abilities and Skills:
- Able to independently exercise sound judgement, discretion, and initiative to address problems and develop practical though creative solutions.
- Consistently meet deadlines.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and follow through to completion.
- Demonstrate professionalism and comfort in speaking to groups and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Work well alone and in a team.
- Exercise excellent organizational ability, prioritization, customer service, oral/written communication, as well as interpersonal, public relations and presentation skills.
- Possess high energy level along with patience and flexibility.
- Willing and able to travel extensively.
- Possess a driver's license and reliable personal vehicle.
- Good sense of direction and/or ability to navigate is very helpful.
- Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Participation in national and/or regional professional organizations helpful.
- Minimum three years of experience working in an institution of higher education (e.g. in counseling, admissions, registrar's office or as a teacher/faculty member) marketing, recruiting, sales or other related field.
- Demonstrated use of data analytics and mathematical skills.
Work Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown Los Angeles)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
The University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse student population and workforce as a reflection of our commitment to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of learning. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to be a student or to work for the University.
Please submit cover letter and resume.