Provides professional staff support in proposal submission activities. Duties:
- Responsibilities consist of mid-level research program management duties that require a firm understanding of research administration concepts, guidelines, principles and practices; coordinates duties with established research administration and financial management programs, policies and guidelines.
- Prepares necessary documents pertaining to proposal and continuing grant applications, including drafting and assisting with proposal budgets.
- Maintains office records (administrative). Ensures files are continuously updated and prepared for audits.Prepares paperwork and communicates with Principal Investigators and the University Office of Research Administration regarding proposal submissions.
- Conducts analysis of RFPs, RFAs, and PAs to ensure applications comply with sponsor requirements.
- Assists with the report preparation and/or submission of reports to sponsors, Research Programs and Leadership.
- Performs various forms of research, information gathering, problem solving, and interpretation of policies and procedures related to grant and contract proposals.
- Transcribes and verifies data from source documents to maintain database of current and pending proposals.Monitors federal, state, and program specific compliance requirements, including, but not limited to, federal OMB Uniform Guidance.
- Communicates and coordinates with program departments, fiscal and administrative offices, non-profit organizations, and state and federal agencies; responding to a variety of fiscal and administrative inquiries from inside and outside the University.
- Calculates and bills agreed upon costs/rates/prices to sponsoring agencies.
- Facilitates, reviews for compliance and allowability, and recording fiscal transactions.
- Develops, audits and reviews grant proposals and contracts.
- Performs grant, contract or subcontract preparation, negotiation and acceptance.
- Coordinates administration of sponsored programs to include post award (non-fiscal) administration, subcontract requests, administrative services to project directors and closeouts/terminations of grants and contracts.
- Provides expertise and counsels in the areas of sponsor trends, funding opportunities, allowable costs, budget preparation, oversight and applicable guidelines. Drafts correspondence or preparing paperwork as necessary to accept, modify or reject grants and contracts; establishing and maintaining related files.
- Contacts awarding agencies to verify status of proposals or obtain information and responds to requests from awarding agencies.
- Performs various duties to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Bachelor's Degree Experience:
60 months experience in grant proposal submission and/or research administration Equivalent/Substitution:
Will accept 48 months experience in grant proposal submissions and/or research administration in lieu of the Bachelor's Degree for a total of 108 months experience Skills:
- Knowledge of standard bookkeeping and accounting procedures
- Advanced excel skills with ability to build and manipulate spreadsheets
- Able to understand a chart of accounts and code entries to proper account
- Advanced computer skills with wide knowledge of business software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Able to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, faculty and staff
- Able to produce reports and complete work within deadlines
- Customer service
- Must be able to read and interpret policy as well as State and Federal regulations
Dept of PediatricsJob Location:
Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-Health Sciences CenterSchedule:
Apr 13, 2022