Job no: 513348
Work type: Auxiliary
Categories: Excluded, Administrative, At-Will, Full Time, Marketing/Communications
Under the guidance of the Assistant Director of Programs and Communication, the Marketing Manager is responsible for developing a comprehensive marketing, promotions, and branding programs for the Associated Students (AS), and leading a team of staff and students responsible for the execution of these Marketing initiatives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruits, hires, supervises and evaluates full-time staff as well as part-time student assistants in positions that include Marketing Coordinator, Graphic Artist, Web Designer, Video Productions and Social Media and Marketing Assistants;
- Provides leadership, development, and direction for a team of student assistant employees in the creation of a wide variety of marketing and promotional materials specifically for the Associated Students and all of its programs including Outdoor Adventures, Productions, Sport Clubs, Children’s Center, Student Government, Ticket Office and Sustainability;
- Promotional tactics include photography, video, web sites, social networking, online and electronic displays, press releases, media alerts, various print and display ads, flyers, Matasync, brochures and reports;
- Oversees and ensures the overall consistency and implementation of the Associated Students brand;
- Analyze department resources to ensure staff have software/hardware tools needed to complete requests;
- Defines and ensures adherence to the AS Style Guide;
- Oversees the purchasing of all AS branded items including giveaways, print materials, apparel, etc
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with representatives from on-campus entities and auxiliaries such as the
- Daily Sundial and University Advancement and provides information and proof reads materials.
- Provides oversight and guidance to all other AS social media accounts and students assistants
- Oversees all marketing campaigns and their strategic implementation for the AS;
- Manages the day-to-day operation of the marketing department;
- Serves on University-wide committees, including Campus Communicators, Student Affairs Web Content Coordinators, Freshman Convocation, Student Affairs Appreciation and Cross Divisional Programming;
- Develops, monitors and is responsible for adherence to the Marketing Department’s annual operating budget;
- Oversees and ensures the processing of marketing requests via an online project management system;
- Enforces Associated Students and University branding, style guides and social media policies and procedures;
- Organize and oversee the production of the annual CSUN Student Planner.
- Develops and administers assessments, including focus groups, social networking data mining, personal interviews and surveys;
- Serves as the Advisor the to the AS Leadership Chair of Communications;
- Assists in conducting focus groups, needs assessments and surveys to ascertain campus awareness of the Associated Students and its delivery of services and programs, and effectiveness of its marketing strategies, as needed.
- Serve as editor/writer including: a) editing department and unit publications and b) providing direction for consistency in all online program promotional materials.
- Coordinates the video and photographic documentation and history of Associated Students events and programs; may be called upon to direct AS-related photo and video shoots
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field (Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Mass Communications).
Equivalent to a minimum of five years of full-time experience in marketing, public relations or graphic design. Equivalent to a minimum of two years of supervisory experience in a related field.
Preferred Qualifications (as applicable):
A master’s degree in a related fieldBudget development and management experienceExperience with brand managementKnowledge of the principles of student development
PAY, BENEFITS & WORK SCHEDULE
This position is employed through Associated Students (AS). AS offers an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental & Vision insurance, Life Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave, 14 paid Holidays, company sponsored retirement program and more.
The anticipated hiring range: $5,200.00 - $7,513.96 monthly, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
HOURS: Full-Time 40 hours per week; schedule is generally Monday – Friday during business hours but periodically varies to accommodate working evening and weekend events.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily upon verbal offer of employment. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment.
Candidates should apply by completing the on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
Associated Students, California State University, Northridge, Inc. (A.S.) is proud to operate on the California State University, Northridge (CSUN) campus serving students. As part of the campus community, A.S. follows the California State University (CSU) policy that requires all faculty, staff and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location to be immunized (aka vaccinated) against the virus that causes COVID-19. The policy does allow for medical or religious exemption from the immunization requirement. A.S. requires all of its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or present a medical or religious exemption and any appropriate back up documentation. Fully vaccinated is defined as having the last immunization shot at least 14 days prior to the date being evaluated. Current and new employees of A.S. are required to adhere to this policy by September 30, 2021 and remain in adherence after that date.ABOUT ASSOCIATED STUDENTS
The CSUN Associated Students is a 501(c)3 corporation integrated with California State University, Northridge. Its mission is to serve as the primary advocate for students at CSUN and to provide excellent, meaningful programs and services designed to create and enhance a spirited, learning-focused campus environment. The AS offers programs in sustainability and recycling; outdoor adventures; sport clubs; child care; ticket, transportation passes and attraction discount ticket sales; concerts, fairs and lectures.Its own infrastructure also includes risk management; information technology support; marketing; accounting and human resources. ABOUT CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, NORTHRIDGE
California State University, Northridge (CSUN) is a comprehensive university that delivers award-winning undergraduate and graduate programs to nearly 38,000students annually and counts more than 330,000 alumni who elevate Southern California and beyond. Since its founding in 1958, CSUN has made a significant and long-term economic impact on California, generating nearly $1.9 billion in economic impact and more than 11,700 jobs each year. Serving more students on Pell Grants than any other institution in California, CSUN is also a social elevator and one of the most diverse universities in the country. CSUN ranks 13th in awarding bachelor’s degrees to traditionally underserved students and enrolls the largest number of students who are Deaf and hard-of-hearing of any U.S. state university. The journal Nature recently named CSUN a Rising Star for scientific research, and the NSF ranks CSUN in the top five nationally among similar institutions for graduates who go onto earn doctorates in the sciences.
Advertised: Apr 13, 2022 (4:10 PM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled