Job no: 513156
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under the general supervision of the Music Department Chair, the Music Department Analyst provides high-level administrative support to the department. The incumbent is responsible for a variety of duties and autonomous responsibilities, with primary responsibility to oversee the daily administrative and financial operations of the department.
- Provides technical expertise in the areas of budget management and analysis.
- Monitors expenditures and maintains records for all department programs and performances
- Monitors departments procurement card purchases, direct pays, check requests, purchase order requests, and chargebacks related to off campus vendors and on campus auxiliaries/partners.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/36gZbir
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in a job-related field.
- Equivalent to two (2) years of full-time, technical, analytical, or administrative experience.
- Additional experience in job-related field may be substituted for required education, on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Working knowledge of general practices, program, and/or administrative specialty. Working knowledge of PeopleSoft
- Ability and specialized skills to: interpret, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures; perform basic research and statistical analysis; analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistics.
- Ability to compile, write and present reports related to program or administrative specialty; communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Proficient in using standard office and financial software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification / grade: 1038 / AA/S / 1
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $3288 - $4485, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $3288 - $ 6347 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- Applications received through April 28, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Apr 15, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled