The primary functions of this position are routine housekeeping tasks according to set procedures in cleaning of classrooms, restrooms, offices and other areas.Essential Duties Summary:
This position is sensitive and will require a criminal background check.
“Notice of E-Verify Participation”
Monday – Thursday 3pm to 11pm
Friday 10am to 6pm
• Performs all daily cleaning to building interiors including vacuuming, mopping & waxing, cleaning of bathrooms and trash removal.Required Qualifications:
• Erases boards, dusts off tops of boards, cleans erasers, and wipes off marker board ledges and white boards. Empties pencil sharpeners, wipes off tables, picks up all trash, and empties waste can. Straighten chairs. Clean and disinfect water fountains.
• Cleans restrooms. Cleans mirrors, lavatories, chrome fixtures, stall walls, floors and doors. Flushes floor drains daily using a germicide/water mixture. Cleans commodes with a germicide. Polishes pipes in back of commodes. Restocks all paper items in dispensers. Replaces soap cartridges.
• Vacuums all carpeted hallways, stairways, and rooms. Sweeps and mops all concrete stairways. Cleans off all window glass in outer doors to buildings. Sanitizes all water fountains. Dusts tops of doors in halls and other ledges where dust may accumulate. Washes, strips and waxes floors.
• Cleans student desks in classrooms. Cleans all classrooms. Wipes off furniture in halls. Cleans ledges and railings in halls and rooms. Checks and replaces light bulbs. Cleans vents and louvers.
• Secures all rooms, windows, doors, and buildings.
• Makes room set-ups for events scheduled on campus. Assists with moving furniture and equipment on campus as necessary. Must be capable of lifting up to 40 lbs.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Performs related work as required
• High school diploma or equivalency required.Physical Demands:
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ability to be flexible in scheduling work hours including coverage demands due to training periods and equipment problems is required. The ability to work flexible hours and regular attendance at work are essential functions of this position. The ability to travel locally and out of town on college related business may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Full Time/Part Time:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, and feel. The employee is regularly required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and climb/balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus as well as ability to determine the color of objects.
Full TimePosting Number:
04/15/2022Open Until Filled: