Edmonds College is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. The college values its talented, diverse workforce and seeks to attract, hire, and support employees who consistently and actively embrace diversity and equity. Edmonds College is an equal opportunity employer. Edmonds College invites all individuals to apply and as an equal opportunity employer, we also encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds and groups to apply for this position AMSC MARKETING MANAGERDESCRIPTION:
The Advanced Manufacturing Skills Center (AMSC) of Edmonds College is dedicated to offering short term, high-impact manufacturing training to the community. We are building the necessary workforce to help local companies thrive, while offering students the chance to earn satisfying, family-wage jobs in a growing and exciting industry. AMSC Marketing Manager coordinates, formulates, and directs the marketing activities in promoting the center to increase awareness, enhance its image, attract students, and foster relationships within the community. The position provides leadership, planning, and coordination in developing and maintaining the AMSC’s marketing program, including strategic message development, advertising, audience-specific communications, social media, online and print publications. The successful candidate will possess the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, work effectively with populations representing diverse backgrounds, and be able to work independently as well as part of a creative team
The Marketing Manager works in collaboration with the AMSC Executive Director, Edmonds College’s marketing department, and other key campus constituents to help lead marketing efforts. This is an exempt management position that reports to the Executive Director AMSC.
For information on how to apply, please see Application Procedures and Required Documents
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design marketing materials including fliers, banners, brochures and display items.
- Manage web page, print, audio, video, photo, and other marketing projects as well as the overall project schedule; includes writing, editing, and design oversight.
- Work with the Executive Director AMSC to develop and manage the annual advertising, marketing, and communications plan and negotiate and purchase radio, print, outdoor, and electronic media in fulfillment of that plan for the college specific programs/departments as needed.
- Work collaboratively with graphic design staff to create effective communications and marketing tools and campaigns.
- Develop social media strategies, including managing the AMSC’s social media channels, developing content, regularly posting stories/information, and serving as a resource to campus on the college’s social media efforts.
- Be responsible for deadlines. Monitor and expedite progress to meet deadlines during production of print materials and advertisements and to ensure conformity to the college’s brand standards.
- Consult and work directly with college stakeholders in creating marketing campaigns and advising the most appropriate methods and techniques of designing and producing materials targeted to reach specific audiences.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing, or equivalent education/experience.
- Demonstrated experience in a high performance marketing and communications team focused on marketing/advertising communications and/or public relations and social media activities.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and oral communication skills.
- Experience developing and managing advertising plans and budgets, as well as buying and placing online, print, or outdoor advertisements.
- Experience managing multiple social media channels.
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to actively contribute to a work environment that embraces diversity and uses diverse perspectives to enhance the attainment of college mission and outcomes.
- Experience using collaborative Google Drive online tools and using InDesign.
- Knowledge of effective marketing strategies and persuasive approaches to promote the college using various formats.
- Shoot and edit video.
Additional InformationPHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The ability to sit at a desk/computer station, bend, stoop, walk and generally move around the office to consult with others, work within a busy environment and remain focused on tasks. Inventory management requires some lifting and moving of objects up to 30lbs. Excellent communication skills are essential. This includes the ability to speak clearly and fully comprehend written and spoken English and will include communication with people for whom English is not their first language. This also includes the ability to produce clearly written documents. Those who are multilingual are strongly encouraged to apply. WORK SCHEDULE:
40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.COMPENSATION:
Salary is $65,000- $75,000 and is based on the Edmonds CC administrative/exempt salary schedule, plus a full state benefits package, which includes tuition waivers for college classes, medical, dental, retirement options and more. Vacation and leave package includes 12 sick days per year, 10 scheduled holidays, 1 personal holiday, and 24 vacation leave days per year.CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
You must document your citizenship or employment authorization within three days of hire. Criminal background check. Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position. All new positions are contingent upon funding. At this time, Edmonds College does not sponsor H1-B Visas.Edmonds College requires vaccination for all employees and students. Exemptions may be accepted. This safety measure will allow the college to reopen safely and minimize risk against COVID-19 and its variants. Future requirements may be set in accordance with internal policies or changes in state or federal guidance. Complete, sign, and submit Declaration Regarding Sexual MisconductAPPLICATION PROCEDURES AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:All applicants must apply online. No paper submissions or emailed materials will be accepted.
Your online application must include the following documents in order to be complete:
Current resume. Cover letter addressing qualifications for the position.Names and contact information for three references.For veterans’ preference, please scan and attach your DD214, Member-4 Form.Important, if this posting is on an external website other than www.edmonds.edu/hr or https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/edcc please select one of these links to apply. Applying via an external webpage will not enter our application system.ABOUT THE COLLEGE:
Established in 1967, Edmonds College is a public, four-year, state college. It focuses on academic excellence, student success, and engagement, which reflect the three aspects of its mission: Teaching | Learning | Community. It serves about 20,000 students annually, including more than 1,000 international students from more than 60 countries. The college offers nearly 70 associate degrees and 60 professional certificates in about 30 programs of study. Its highest enrolled programs are the Associate of Arts/Associate of Science degrees, Paralegal, Allied Health (pre-nursing degree), Business/Accounting, Construction Management, and Culinary Arts. The college is located in the center of the growing south Snohomish County communities of Edmonds, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Brier, Mill Creek, Mukilteo, and Woodway. For more information, visit www.edmonds.edu
.EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Edmonds College is an equal opportunity employer and assures equality of treatment in educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), disability, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may call 425-640-1470 and accommodations will be made to the extent reasonably possible. The Human Resources Office is accessible to persons with disabilities.JEANNE CLERY STATEMENT:
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and as a part of Edmonds College’s commitment to safety and security on campus, the College reports the mandated information about current campus policies concerning safety and security issues, the required statistics, and other related information for the past three (3) calendar years. Edmonds College’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.edmonds.edu/safety/clery-act/documents/annual-report.pdf
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the Edmonds College Campus Security office located in Woodway Hall, Room 214, at 20000 68th Ave. W, Lynnwood, WA 98036.