Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of residents and students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
FAU’s Schmidt College of Medicine seeks an innovative and dynamic Emergency Medicine (EM) physician to join our core faculty at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor.
The Assistant/Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine/core faculty will:
- Administer and maintain a positive educational environment for residents and faculty of the emergency medicine residency
- Help to ensure the quality of didactic and clinical education in emergency medicine to meet Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) emergency medicine residency requirements in collaboration with the Program Director of Emergency Medicine Residency
- Assure compliance with all requirements as set forth by the ACGME and the Emergency Medicine Residency Review Committee in collaboration with the Program Director of Emergency Medicine Residency
- Collaborate with the Program Director of Emergency Medicine Residency to provide each resident with documented semiannual evaluation of performance in a timely manner
- Participate in educational initiatives for medical students as opportunities arise
- Maintain clinical competence in the practice of emergency medicine, see patients through the College of Medicine Faculty Plan and supervise emergency medicine residents, other rotating residents, and medical students in the care of emergency medicine patients
- Serve as a member of the Clinical Competency Committee and Program Evaluation Committee
- Serve as a role model to residents and medical students as an emergency medicine physician with excellent clinical skills
- Maintain board certification in emergency medicine with continuing certification requirements for maintenance of certification
- Develop a career focus in scholarly activity and develop a portfolio of publications, presentations and academic focus over the next four years, reportable yearly in the electronic ACGME Web AD. The ACGME scholarly requirements for core EM faculty are updated from time to time. This includes maintaining scholarly activity at or above requirements to maintain status as an EM core faculty.
- Attend FAU emergency medicine residency conferences (including simulation) serving as a proctor/instructor when assigned by residency leadership
- Attend faculty development activities as recommended by the Program Director of Emergency Medicine Residency, Designated Institutional Official (DIO) or Department Chair
- Complete special projects and perform other duties as assigned
Doctoral degree (M.D. or D.O.) from an accredited institution and credentials that merit appointment at the rank of assistant professor or higher required.
A Florida medical license or eligibility for Florida licensure and ABEM or ABOEM board certification in Emergency Medicine preferred.
Current DEA license and ACLS, PALS, BLS, and ATLS certifications preferred.
Significant teaching experience with residents and demonstrated teaching excellence required.
Completion of a fellowship in an emergency medicine sub-specialty such as global health, disaster medicine, wilderness medicine or sports medicine preferred.
Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of students, residents, fellows and employees from widely diverse backgrounds is required.
Ability to be credentialed for full clinical privileges at our partner hospitals.
Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Demonstrate skill in understanding of cultural differences.
Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.Salary:
Commensurate with ExperienceCollege or Department:
College of MedicineLocation:
Clinical - Off Campus Location (COM use only)Work Days and Hours:
2022-06-30-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
This position is open until filled and may close without prior notice.
This position is subject to funding.
FAU’s Career Page permits the attachment of required/requested documentation.
PLEASE NOTE: A maximum of five (5) documents may be attached to your application. If more than five (5) documents are required for submission, please combine additional documents into one attachment to not exceed the maximum permitted.
When completing the online application, please upload all required documentation noted here: (1) cover letter, (2) curriculum vitae.
The selected candidate for this position is required to submit an official transcript sent directly from the institution for the Provost’s credential file prior to the first day of employment. Similarly, for degrees from outside the United States, the evaluation by an organization belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation (NACES), with an indication of the documents the evaluation was prepared from (official transcripts, diplomas, dissertation abstracts) is required for the Provost’s credential file prior to the first day of employment.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background check is required for the candidate selected for this position.
Individuals requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711