If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Department of Business Operations at the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Sr. Financial Analyst.
The Senior Financial Analyst (Senior Analyst) reports to the Associate Director of Business and Finance and will assist with the financial operations for RSMAS. This position will be a financial professional who has exceptional analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, as well as strong organizational and time management capabilities. The Senior Analyst will possess the ability to present business information to senior management in a manner easily understood by non-financial professionals. This individual will also have a moderate understanding of financial applications and creation of financial reporting. An attention to detail and insistence on the accuracy, timeliness, reliability, and usefulness of business information will be important characteristics.
Specifically, the Senior Analyst will:
- Conduct financial and budget planning analyses; provide analyses to support decision making to senior management.
- Assist in building and maintaining financial models.
- Serve as a resource for other departments providing financial and administrative support to faculty, staff and students.
- Assist with the development of financial plans and incremental cost/benefit analysis; together with the Executive Director, prepare and periodically update long range financial projections.
- Present business applications to varied audiences in a manner clearly understandable by non-technical managers. Excellent communication skills – both written (narrative, tabular and graphical) and oral are critical.
- Analyze and coordinate the distribution of a variety of financial data and relevant reports in a clear, concise and timely manner; routinely perform variance and historical analysis; create financial, transactional and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Prepare a standard reporting package incorporating key operating measures; present forecasts of expected actual performance against plan and/or prior periods.
- Assist with the development of annual budgets and quarterly and annual forecasts.
- Provide assistance and consult with departments in preparing cost and budget analysis and fiscal allocation. Create financial reports, reconciliations, and review irregular and unusual transactions for resolution.
- Support the Executive Director for Business and Finance and Associate Director for Finance operationally and with other projects as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field is required.
- A combination of a strong background with computer application systems, excellent excel skills, accounting, and financial analytical skills are critical.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience, preferably in an academic and research setting.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with the skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines, establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve stated goals.
- Appreciation for organizational subtleties and a high level of discretion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team or independently.
- Excellent business systems and organizational skills.
- Customer service experience and focus.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here
for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: