If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The School of law has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Sr. Program Coordinator to work at the Coral Gables Campus.
The Robert Traurig/Greenberg Traurig Real Property Development LLM (“RPD Program”) is nationally recognized as the leading LLM program for law graduates and practitioners who want to acquire or expand expertise in planning, structuring, and financing real estate projects, either as an attorney practitioner, an owner/entrepreneur, or a developer. The Program is offered full-time in the classroom and also as a Distance Learning (online) option for working attorneys who require a part-time, flexible schedule. It is taught by an adjunct faculty of renowned practitioners and experts in their fields. The Program seeks to attract, admit, and enroll highly qualified attorneys in the U.S. and internationally, and JD students who are interested in real estate and wish to pursue a JD/LLM degree.
The Senior Program Coordinator manages the operations and activities of the RPD Program to ensure that Program goals and objectives are accomplished. The Senior Program Coordinator is an integral member of the RPD team and, working closely with the RPD Program Director, is responsible for a broad range of functions typical of an academic program, such as: recruitment, admission and enrollment processes for students; coordination of faculty functions such as class schedule, course materials and syllabi, class roster, exam administration, and general faculty support; coordination of curriculum and semester schedules; coordination of student services relevant to RPD LLM students and advising as necessary for course selection and completion of degree requirements; management of the online component of the RPD Program; coordination with Law School and University departments as applicable; liaison to real estate industry RPD Program partners such as RPD Advisory Board members, Internship Supervisors, RPD alumni, real estate practitioners, representatives from other real estate master’s programs within the University, and other internal and external collaborators.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Director of the RPD Program
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily operations of the RPD Program. Acts as the main point of contact for the Program to those within and outside the University.
- Manages the application process for domestic and international applicants to the RPD Program, for fulltime, distance learners (part-time) and JD/LLM students. Responsible for ensuring applications are processed and admission decision notifications are done in a timely manner.
- Utilizes Salesforce and other recruitment tool (e.g. webinars) to engage and track prospective applicants from initial point of contact through admissions.
- Works with the Communication and Marketing Department to design and implement key marketing campaigns.
- Creates and distributes the Program’s e-newsletters using MailChimp.
- Hosts application workshops for prospective students.
- Assists with The Ralph E. Boyer Institute on Condominium and Cluster Development.
- Oversees student services in the RPD Program and coordinates with other departments in the Law School and University to resolve routine and non-routine problems.
- Understands when to notify Program Director of arising issues and is proactive in identifying problems before they escalate
- Responsible for managing all Program events, including guest lectures and site visits. Communicates directly with guest speakers and provides logistical support as needed. Oversees budget, processes payments and reimbursements to guest speakers and faculty. Coordinates with faculty, Law School administrators and other University administrators in the planning of these events. Involved in selecting vendors and contracting services for special events
- Accountable for yearly departmental report for SACS accreditation
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment to complete special assignments and reports that require collecting, analyzing and organizing data, which is used to make recommendations to the Program Director concerning recruitment, admissions, publicity, budget, scholarship and special events.
- Responsible for managing the content and accuracy of all departmental and student records, including keeping students on track with RPD program as well as discussing course schedule issues, registration, financial aid, etc.
- Works closely with Director to develop semester class schedules and orientation program for incoming students. Coordinates with reference librarians to plan advanced RPD research training sessions for students.
- Coordinates with Career Development to assist RPD Program students in their search for employment.
- Works closely with the Communications Department on website content and the design of all publicity materials. Ensures accuracy of and regular updates to RPD Program website.
- Manages program social media sites i.e. Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Uses social media marketing tools to create and maintain the program’s presence.
- Provides support to all RPD Program adjunct professors. Supervises the preparation and distribution of syllabus and course materials to students, develops and maintains Zoom and Blackboard class sites, schedules audiovisual services for classes and special events, manages final exams and submission of final grades to the Registrar’s Office. Assists with PowerPoint presentation diagrams for the Program Director and adjunct faculty.
- Acts as a liaison between the RPD Program and professional organizations such as the RPPTL Sections of the Florida Bar, and the American Bar Associations.
- Distance Learning liaison between AV, Faculty Trainer and RPD Program Faculty; coordinates adjunct faculty classroom training.
- Coordinates with Law School AV designated support for RPD Program on all matters related to online course delivery.
- Develops, tracks and manages exam schedule for Distance Learners in coordination with the Registrar’s Office
- Communicates with other university support services to coordinate support for online faculty, students and potential students to make the entire online education experience more user-friendly, effective and seamless.
- Coordinates assessment of online courses
- Develops method to evaluate effectiveness of online classes
- Keeps abreast of new developments/laws in online education
- Research external resources to evaluate services and technology solutions for new equipment and remote test proctors as needed
- Acts as liaison with the RPD Program Advisory Board and ensures the accuracy and timeliness of bio information, yearly dues, and Program involvement and ambassadorship
- Acts as liaison with real estate Master’s Program in the University of Miami’s School of Business and School of Architecture, helping to coordinate joint programming and collaborations
- Acts as a liaison for the law school for the Real Estate Impact conference. Coordinates the sponsorship administration, invoicing, pledge collection, and other related activities.
- Responsible for database management related to the Program and/or events including data entry, merging of records, updating alumni list, etc.
- Supervises work-study student(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum three years’ work-related experience. Strong preference for candidates with a real estate background and/or work experience
- Helpful to possess an understanding of the real estate industry and interrelationship of players (lawyers, developers, architects, lenders, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to draft and edit emails and regular mail correspondence, memoranda and reports
- Ability to meaningfully contribute ideas and suggestions to an academic program poised for expansion and brand improvement
- Ability to analyze and evaluate program activities, prepare comprehensive studies, detailed reports and evaluations, and make recommendations based on the data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office 365, Outlook
- Knowledge of digital media, web development tools and distance learning operations. Ability to use Zoom and Blackboard for on campus and distance learning materials
- Knowledge of and experience with social media
- Experience with Salesforce or similar lead(s) tracking software
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other department staff, administration, outside organizations, students and outside vendors.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive relationships and exercise independent judgment. Ability to effectively interact with highly accomplished, busy real estate industry leaders
- Ability to manage budgets, curriculum frameworks, syllabi and reports
- Proven ability to effectively manage projects in a collaborative, team-based environment
Knowledge of LL.M. instructional practices and ability to convey complex technical concepts
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here
for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: