If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here
to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The department of Patient Experience has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Patient Experience Representative to work at the new downtown Doral clinic. The Patient Experience Representative serves as a resource lead employee for all staff in the front office role. This position greets patients, activates patient files, and provides support to patients and medical staff. The Patient Experience Representative works closely with senior staff to ensure operational and patient satisfaction goals are reached while providing exceptional customer service. This candidate ensures quality control in all aspects of front desk management and upholds high standards of customer service, speed of delivery, and efficiency of patient flow and charting with an emphasis on the collection of copayments, fees of service, and outstanding amounts from patients.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Upholds and carries out all UHealth Patient touch points in all aspects of the patient experience.
- Trains new hires and retrains front office assistants for performance on all aspects of the patient and payment experience.
- Increases collection by taking every action at the center level to collect copayments, balances, secure payment contracts, and additional prompt pay services and additional front end metrics in a genuine, caring, and friendly manner.
- Remains informed of operational improvements and ensures all front office assistants are comfortable with transition.
- Maintains clean work environment and professional appearance to comply with relevant health and safety procedures.
- Leads center level revenue cycle items by verifying the front office staff is educated on expectations related to the accuracy of patient insurance and visit information.
- Performs tasks related to the approved resolution of revenue cycle errors at the center level.
- Works rotation and fair share of weekends.
- Attends internal calls or training for specialized development of work flows and policies and procedures.
- Pursues and maintains continuing education related to respective specialty. Ensures correct collection of all charges and documentation for all patients checking out.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Commitment to the University’s core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e., Microsoft Office).
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: