The Master Control Operator monitors and operates WGCU TV/DT/FM Television and Radio Transmitter(s) within WGCU engineering and FCC guidelines. Switches on-air TV programs. Records and or/dubs programs either taped or from satellite. Maintains proper records and official transmitter/ program logs.Job Description
Typical include but are not limited to:
• Communicates and works closely with Traffic, engineering, programming and production department personnel.
• Monitors and adjusts, if necessary, the television and radio transmitter within WGCU-TV Engineering and FCC guidelines. Records and maintains to official Transmitter Log.
• Contacts and/or dispatches Maintenance Engineers, if necessary, when technical problems exist.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.Additional Job Description
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must be self-motivated, confident, and willing to learn.
Must be committed, reliable, and punctual.
College or technical school coursework related to TV media experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.