Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All Faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; and provide service to the College, University and Community.Job Description
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
Teaches graduate level Physician Assistant students.
Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.Additional Job Description
Master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution with 18 credit hours in areas credentialed.
NCCPA certification for Physician Assistants.
Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution in one of the following fields: Osteopathic Physician (DO); Allopathic Physician (MD); Ph.D. in related medical/science field; Medical Sciences; Health Sciences; Health Education; Public Health; Public Administration with emphasis in Health Care; Health Services Research; Education with an emphasis in Health.
ACLS or CPR certified
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.