Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All Faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; and provide service to the College, University and Community.
Assignments will include teaching, at both undergraduate and/or graduate levels, as applicable. Teaching assignments are online using our learning management system. Additional duties may be assigned by supervisor.Job Description
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Teaches core or elective courses in the undergraduate and/or graduate Health Science, Health Administration, and Public Health programs, as applicable.
- Contributes to course and/or curriculum development
Additional Job Description
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree (MHA, MPH, MBA, or related degree) with at least 18 graduate hours in the discipline.
- Two years of healthcare practice experience.
- Experience teaching healthcare courses at the undergraduate and/or graduate level.
- Five or more years of experience in the discipline.
- Experience with development and delivery of online coursework.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.