The Event Specialist will oversee tasks related to special events and conferences offered in conjunction with the FGCU department of Innovative Education and Partnerships. This includes organizing key tasks, planning event details, and participation in the conference/event activities.Job Description
Essential Job Duties
Additional Job Description
- Assists in the development, planning and implementation of events, programs, meetings, and activities that support the strategy and objectives of the department
- Develops content and graphics, prepares conference materials, and monitors all social media platforms, apps, and website
- Assists with development and implementation of events such as maintains an event calendar, creates and maintains event mailing lists, coordinates event registration and RSVPs, schedules facilities and support services, tracks event expenditures and maintains event budgets, and maintains event records.
- Identifies partner needs and proactively provides solutions.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with stakeholders and vendors.
- Develop timelines and agendas.
- Support event sponsors and participants with travel and accommodation information.
- Develop and collect participant feedback.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An Associate’s Degree or 60 plus credit hours earned.
- Experience working on a team to plan special events or a conference program.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook).
- Two years of successful experience in event coordination, program planning, and/or conference planning and execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality, marketing, entrepreneurship or a related area.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience with volunteer recruitment and management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan and implement events.
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with a diverse group of colleagues, vendors, students, volunteers, and the public.
- Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to anticipate and diffuse problems before they occur.
- Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Ability to assume new responsibilities and carry them out in an effective manner.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations and environments.
- Ability to view the whole picture while remaining attentive to the details.
- Ability to work evenings, nights and weekends as necessary.
Salary: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour