Florida Gulf Coast University's vision is to be a premier comprehensive university, providing access to educational excellence and preparing citizen leaders for the global environment. Under the supervision of a regular faculty member conducting the research project, the Research Assistant is responsible for assisting the faculty member in a variety of non-administrative tasks which may include preparing resources, equipment, materials for the research, and documenting results in support of the research activities.Job Description
Typical duties include but no limited to:
Additional Job Description
- Research and collects data through complex techniques and procedures, library research, structured interviews or other project specific methodology.
- Interprets, synthesizes and analyzes data.
- Schedules, organizes and reports on status of research activities.
- Plans and modifies research techniques, procedures, tests, equipment or software management.
- Writes and edits materials for publication and presentation.
- Meets with faculty supervisor on regular basis to maintain ongoing communication regarding the quality of the assistant’s performance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience working independently and in team environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Subject knowledge and oral/written communication skills to discuss and document research progress.
- Ability to work independently, accurately and to problem solves technical and methodological issues that arise during the course of the research.
- Ability to apply sound research techniques, methodology and logical critical analysis. Strong organization and interpersonal skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work comfortably with all individuals in a diverse multicultural environment.