Job no: 513711
Work type: Staff Full Time
Location: UMass Amherst
Department: Dean - Isenberg School
Categories: Admissions/Enrollment/Student Recruitment
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing Strategy and Communications for Isenberg Graduate and Professional Programs,and working closely with all program personnel, the Business Development & Lead Analyst will be responsible for managingqualified leads for Isenberg Graduate and Professional programs, i.e. Master in Business Administration (MBA), Master of Sciencein Business & Analytics (MSB&A), Graduate Certificates, and any future graduate level programs. The Business Development &Lead Analyst will direct communication efforts to prospective students who are considering Isenberg Graduate and ProfessionalPrograms. This individual will monitor and analyze data from the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System utilized bythe school. Based on analysis of CRM data, they are responsible for qualifying leads and recommending appropriate allocation ofmarketing resources to follow-up with prospective students.
- Prospective Student Conversion – Actively pursues qualified leads and addresses general inquiries from prospective students via one-on-one correspondence (e.g. email, telephone, chat, in-person appointments). Converts qualified leads into promising applications by advising prospective students with appropriate and accurate information regarding program options and admissions.
- Lead Analysis – Monitors and analyzes data from the CRM System used by Isenberg to track qualified leads from prospect toapplicant to matriculated student. Takes part in decision-making processes pertaining to the CRM System, such asimplementation, migration, conversions, etc. Analyzes data to identify key leads and recommends effective communicationstrategies/marketing resource allocations.
- Marketing & Communication Projects – Contributes to the overall success of Isenberg Graduate and Professional Programs byproviding solutions to team coordination and related workflow procedures, i.e. assistance with review of prospective studentcommunication plans; assistance with scheduling and promotion of recruiting events; development and maintenance of leadmanagement resources. Continuously explores new and innovative ways to utilize the Customer Relationship Management(CRM) tool to improve prospective student services and communications.
- Recruitment – Participates in recruitment activities performed by the department emphasizing program benefits and successoutcomes to prospective students. Attends on-campus career fairs and virtual information sessions for prospective students.Answers questions from the audience via chat and assists the presenter with managing audience participants.
- May assist the Director of the Full-time MBA program with admission interviews.Performs related duties as assigned or required to meet department, executive area/division, and university goats and objectives.
- Understands responsibilities with respect to Title IX, Clery and other compliance requirements.
- Works collaboratively with other campus stakeholders to fulfill the mission of Student Affairs and Campus Life.
- Demonstrates capacity, skill and willingness to engage students and contribute to student success.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology, marketing, higher education or closely related field with three years of professional work experience.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively influence stakeholders of various levels including potential students, students, faculty and administration.
- Strong organizational and planning skills including project management skills.
- Ability to quantify results within and across functions.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality when interacting with a diverse student and faculty population.
- High technical aptitude including the ability to use computer-based registration and academic records technology (SPIRE, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Email, school specific Customer Relationship Management (CRM) packages, virtual meeting software packages, appointment calendaring system, etc.).
- Knowledge and full understanding of the student lifecycle and lead management best practices.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Demonstrated customer service experience and enthusiasm.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Typical office environment.
- Monday - Friday, 37.5 hours/week.
- Required to work some nights and weekends.
PSU Salary Ranges
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references. The search will remain open until filled.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Apr 14 2022 Eastern Daylight Time