Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach
Reports to Head Men’s Basketball Coach
The Assistant Basketball Coach reports to the Head Basketball Coach in the coordination of day-to-day aspects of the program (practice and game preparation, recruiting, fundraising, video breakdown, camps, community involvement, and other duties as assigned.)
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Monitoring of student-athletes’ academic performance and athletic eligibility.
- Recruiting students to meet enrollment goals as determined annually by administration.
- Assist in the organization and planning of practice
- Game day preparation and management.
- Assist with any administrative duties as assigned
- Maintaining appropriate and positive professional media relations.
- Supervising student assistants for programs under the position’s direction/responsibility, in conjunction with the Head Coach.
- Responsible for knowing and complying with all rules & regulation of the NAIA and North Star Athletic Association.
- Assuming other duties as assigned by the College and/or Athletic Director and Head Coach.
- May be required to work Presentation College camps and clinics if offered (additional compensation may be paid for working these camps provided the amount is reasonable and proceeds from the camp are sufficient to cover expenses of the camp including the portion of camp proceeds payable to the college under the college’s athletic camps policy)
Education and Training
Master’s degree (or willingness to complete master’s) preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
Knowledge and Experience
Prior college basketball coaching or playing experience required.
Integrity and respect; excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; leadership skills with ability to work effectively with all constituents.
Normal temperature working environment. Moderate to little amount of noise in the work environment. Friendly, teamwork type of work environment. Normal amount of overtime and extended work hours required.
College Mission, Vision & Values
As part of the Presentation College Learning Community, you will be expected to play a role in supporting the legacy of the Presentation Sisters, in promoting the Mission, living the Core Values, and furthering the Vision.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.