Lead Custodian Night ShiftCampus:
201100777Full or Part Time:
YesJob Description Summary:
The overall purpose of this job is to ensure that the cleanliness of all campus buildings and facilities are maintained at a high standard. The position is hands-on, working with and supervising the daily operation of all Husson custodial staff.Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with development of workload schedule for the Night shift maximizing the efficiency, meeting operational requirements, and providing guidance and direction to the staff.Education and Experience:
• Establishes, inspects custodial work for the purpose of ensuring that site safety and cleaning standards are being met.
• Supervises night shift functions including review and approval of time cards, planning, scheduling/coordinating activities, training, advising, and consulting, for the purpose of ensuring that the department functions in a safe and efficient manner.
• Monitors expenditures to stay within budgetary guidelines as well as ensuring appropriate levels of personnel, supplies, equipment and materials are available to efficiently complete tasking. Recommends and implements cost saving strategies.
• Participates in continuous and quality improvement and cost saving activities as needed/required.
• Observes, inspects and evaluates the work of subordinate personnel; checks work orders for correct changing of time and materials; evaluates employee performance.
• Supports safety initiatives and ensures that all employees are trained in and adhere to required safety policies and practices.
• Assist with the development and approval of employee schedules and time cards.
• Trains and develops subordinates to more effectively perform their job
• Ensures that work performed is of high quality.
• Supervises contracted labor. Ensures that work is conducted in accordance with Husson’s policies and standards, is completed on schedule and within the established budget.
• Assists in developing and managing a cleaning schedule for each building to ensure that all campus facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance to the cleaning standards.
• Provides daily status reports to Supervisor of Custodial Services. Conducts in-house training for custodians for the purpose of ensuring safety, proper cleaning and building maintenance techniques, proper use of cleaning chemicals and supplies, proper use of equipment, injury prevention and legal compliance.
• Assists custodial personnel with daily cleaning duties to support operations and provides assistance with their job functions of maintaining the cleanliness standards and providing an attractive, appealing environment.
• Responds to emergencies for the purpose of determining and implementing appropriate actions required to resolve situations.
• Inspects and evaluates physical condition of establishment; submits work orders to the Facilities Department for painting, repairs and various maintenance requirements to ensure facilities are properly maintained.
• Manage and assist the custodians with cleaning and snow removal at building entrances.
• Follow and enforce all State and University policies as they pertain to custodial staff.
• Has working knowledge of all Microsoft Office software and able to learn and use institutional software systems.
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Education: High school diploma or GED is required.
Experience: Two years previous work experience with demonstrated leadership and supervising abilities preferred. Basic computer experience is required with knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
Other Skills and Requirements:
• Valid driver’s license
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Ability to work independently or with a team, and maintain cohesion of custodial and supervisory team
• Reliable attendance and diligence to the job at hand
• Must be willing and able to be on campus during any shift as needs arise
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.Open Until Filled:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to continuously stand, walk, and climb stairs. The employee is also required to frequently balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach and work overhead, lift and carry 75 pounds, talk, and use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel. The employee is also required to occasionally sit, crawl, climb, and use ladders (up to 6 feet in height), as well as push and pull equipment on wheels that weighs up to 300 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, , depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
This position may require the employee to use computers, hand tools, power tools, vehicles, yard equipment, and various other equipment as required..
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
There is a risk of exposure to the following: chemical, mechanical, or electrical hazards; dusts, fumes, or odors; wet, humid, and/or cold conditions; high, precarious places; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may occasionally be required to work irregular hours.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Each employee shall use care in the performance of his/her duties and act in a manner that will assure maximum safety to themselves, fellow employees, and the public. All unsafe conditions, accidents and injuries shall be reported immediately to the supervisor.
*This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Tasks may be added, deleted or altered as organizational needs evolve, and employee may be required to follow any other instruction, and to perform any other related duties, that may be required by their supervisor.
YesQuick Link to Posting: