Database Administrator 3
Business Affairs: University IT (UIT), Redwood City, California, United States
Database Administrator 3
Reporting to the Technical Manager of Oracle Financials & Research Admin in Stanford University IT (UIT), this position provides critical applications and database administration services and support of enterprise business systems for Stanford University. A successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with the installation and maintenance of stable production and development infrastructure.
Install, configure, upgrade, administer, monitor, and maintain operationally efficient web, application servers, Oracle eBusiness Suite 12.2, and databases under minimal supervision in on-prem and in cloud.CORE DUTIES*:
- Install, configure, and support database management systems (Oracle & SQLServer databases) and related software to resolve highly complex and/or unique issues without precedent and/or structure. Work on databases using more advanced database administration concepts.
- Install, Upgrade, Configure, Clone, Patching & Managing of Oracle eBusiness Suite 12.2
- Design, develop, and maintain highly-available databases.
- Take responsibility for database design and performance optimization, backup and recovery strategies and implementation, as well as monitoring the overall health of the database environment.
- Provide on-going system administration and technical infrastructure support.
- Strong knowledge in database and EBS 12.2 administration, performance tuning is needed.
- Experience in Oracle RAC, DR Setups, data guard and load balancers.
- Experience in hang analyzer, system state dump, SQL tuning, AWR analysis and Trace analysis.
- Evaluate and test marketplace tools and utilities, including system integration and automation, which enhance server functionality and promote the development of RDBMS applications.
- Develop and maintain efficient and appropriate connectivity solutions between various campus databases to ensure necessary data is available as needed.
- Develop and enforce database standards and/or new development protocols.
- Ability to manage work of other DBAs and act as a consultant and advisor to management and other technical support staff.
- Hands on experience in AWS Cloud environment.
* - Other duties may also be assigned MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and 7 years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in the support requirements of large database applications/systems including performance analysis and tuning of high volume, transaction systems.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the design and implementation of complex database architecture.
- Ability to do database backup, restore and troubleshooting database related issues.
- At least 2 years of operational experience in Oracle eBusiness Suite R12.2
- Good experience of Oracle Fusion Middleware.
- Ability to develop a vision for future computing needs and to develop appropriate plans to meet these needs.
- Ability to work well independently or as a team member.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of new and current technology and trends.
- Ability to collaborate with vendors and system service providers, provide administration for system solutions, and act as a liaison.
- Extensive experience with database and Application security protocol.
- Experience in developing and managing application in AWS environment.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Strong Oracle Applications DBA with 12.2 skills with extensive experience in cloning and performance tuning
- Experience working in Cloud (AWS) environment.
- Experience of Apache, Tomcat and Weblogic are highly preferred.
- Strong experience of SSL Certificate management with wallet, keytool & openssl are highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Phyton/Shell scripts programming are preferred
- Experience working in Sybase environment is a plus
- Experience in Managing Oracle SOA 12c is a plus
- Experience in configuring SAML is a plus
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Extended and weekend hours.
- Must be available for on-call work.
Why Stanford is for You:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
How to Apply:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
- Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, opened in 2019, will be the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff, including University IT, whose jobs are important to supporting the University's mission. The campus will offer amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
We invite you to apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford University's commitment to safely and effectively meet the public health challenge presented by COVID-19 extends to ensuring University employees may work from home, or another off-site location, where determined appropriate, whenever necessary through the end of August 2021. The department will give reasonable notice when employees are expected to return to work at the Stanford and/or Redwood City campus.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3002548
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency