IT Systems Analyst
School of Engineering, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques, and systems. Stanford Center for Professional Development
The Stanford Center for Professional Development
is a leader in global, online, and extended education. Established in 1995, we are located on the Stanford University campus and work with Stanford faculty, departments, schools, and centers to design and deliver engaging, high-quality online, in-person, and blended learning experiences to both matriculated students and a global audience of learners.
SCPD operates and manages Stanford Online
, Stanford's online learning provider, and provides access to credit-bearing courses, certificates and degrees; professional education; group and custom programs, and free and open access content. We also operate and manage a number of technology-rich classrooms and studios as well as a variety of educational technology tools and platforms. We support Stanford teaching teams in the utilization of different pedagogical approaches and technologies to improve faculty impact and learner outcomes. SCPD increases access to Stanford teaching and research and fosters a global community of learners, industry leaders, and Stanford faculty & instructors.
The Systems Analyst (SA) will report into the Technology and Systems team and support the technical operations of Stanford Online utilizing industry leady SaaS platforms including Marketo, Salesforce, and Modern Campus Destiny One. This role will have the unique opportunity to collaborate with all of the teams within SCPD including Marketing, Development, Finance, Programs and Custom teams.
The SA can be expected to take part in everything from initial requirement gathering, development, QA testing, up to implementation and maintenance. The SA will meet with various teams and groups to identify process gaps and areas for system automation. From there they will formulate solutions and work with developers or third-party companies to bring these solutions to fruition.
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter along with your online application.CORE DUTIES
- Understand business processes and translate into system solutions.
- Assist with feasibility studies of enhancement requests, identifying options and recommending an IT solution.
- Assist the project manager in developing project scope, cost, resources, impact, and schedule.
- Create business requirements, including business rules, quality attributes, performance goals, external interfaces, and constraints.
- Collaborate with the business partners and test team to create and execute system test plans, user-acceptance testing, and rollout.
- Assist the development team to develop technical specifications.
- Perform production support activities, including triaging issues, evaluating patches and fixes, assessing impact, and implementing solution.
- Conduct in-depth analysis to solve problems, identifying gaps and issues that minimize system modification and maintenance; make recommendations, including discovering new approaches or applications.
- Design and document modules and components and how they will interface with each other.
- Develop functional specifications to ensure compliance with system development lifecycle methods.
*Other duties as requiredEducation & Experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated experience with both process and data modeling.
- Demonstrated experience with fit/gap analysis.
- Understanding of relational database concepts.
- Strong understanding of the components of web applications.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with minimum direction.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish effective, ongoing relationships with clients, staff and management.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and work under pressure in high stress situations.
- Demonstrated ability to write and understand code or script.
Why Stanford is for You
- Experience with CRM systems such as Marketo or Salesforce
- Experience with CMSs like Drupal
- Ability to communicate effectively with between technical and non-technical audiences
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture
and unique perks
empower you with:
Certifications and Licenses:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Occasionally work on weekends, evenings, holidays, and flexible shifts.
How to Apply
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
*The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
*Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3002459
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency