Full Time Instructor, Sociology (2)
Victor Valley College
$55,715.00 - $116,888.00 Annually
2022-180 FTISOCI (2)
CA 92395, CA
Basic Functions **FIRST DATE OF REVIEW IS SCHEDULED FOR MAY 11, 2022** 10-Month Tenure Track Position COMPENSATION:
Initial salary placement ranges from $55,714 to $87,247, based upon education and experience. The current faculty salary schedule includes five classes and twenty steps with a maximum annual salary of $116,888. A District-paid comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental and vision insurances for the employee and dependents, and a $50,000 employee life insurance policy are provided. For the most updated information please visit our benefits web page.Appointment to this position is subject to availability of funds. Salary schedule subject to change. Representative Duties ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Participating in assessment, evaluation, and planning of Student Learning Outcomes and Program Learning Outcomes, Program Review, Curriculum Development, and participate in College Committee Service.
2. Creating a learning environment that fosters student success, using different teaching modalities (i.e. online/remote, hybrid, face-to-face).
3. Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population. Requirements MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Master's in sociology OR
Bachelor's in sociology AND
Master's in anthropology, any ethnic studies, social work or psychology OR
Must have sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. A Master's in the ethnic studies field (in addition to meeting the Minimum Qualifications above)
2.Teaching experience in Sociology at the Community College level.
3. Education and teaching experience in a wide array of the Sociology curriculum, including but not limited to: Introduction to Sociology, Social Problems, Introduction to Marriage and Family, Introduction to Social Work, Introduction to Race and Ethnicity, Introduction to Social Science Research Methods. An emphasis will be placed on - Introduction to Sociology, and Introduction to Race and Ethnicity.
4. Promote the success of a diverse student population through careful preparation of course materials and effective teaching methodologies.
5. Experience in teaching using Canvas and/or other online learning platforms.
6. Experience in assessment, evaluation, and planning of Student Learning Outcomes and Program Learning Outcomes, Program Review, and Curriculum Development.
We will be using the guidelines set by the Academic Affairs Division of the Chancellor's Office, California Community Colleges. See their website: California Community Colleges
for the most current minimum qualifications for faculty in California Community Colleges. The Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges handbook can be viewed at: 2021 Minimum Qualifications Handbook
If you feel you have equivalent qualifications, please review the supplemental information for Faculty Equivalency Qualifications can be viewed at: Faculty Equivalency Qualifications
Submit your request for equivalency ONLY IF
your education and/or experience are different, but equivalent, to the minimum qualifications stated in the job announcement. If you have additional questions please contact Human Resources directly at (760) 245-4271 Ext. 2486.
Some specialized courses may require specific certificates (must meet minimum content requirements specified by outside/other agencies based on accreditation).
Office, classroom, lab and/or on-line environment. Position requires ability to communicate and exchange information. The assignment may include day, weekend, and/or evening classes on campus and/or at off campus locations. Position requires ability and schedule flexibility to accommodate active participation in College and Department Outreach Events such as College and Career Fairs and College and Community Presentations. Knowledge and Abilities APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
To be considered a candidate for this position, all materials required
should be received at the Victor Valley College Office of Human Resources by the First Review Date of May 11, 2022
. Application materials will be accepted after this date, however, if a file is not complete by the First Review Date, the application may not be considered by the Screening Committee.
This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
You may check your status at any time by logging into Victor Valley College Online Application Site at School Jobs
with your username and password.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all requested materials are received. All materials included in the application packet become District property, will not be returned, and will not be copied.
All information qualifying an applicant for the position must be included on the Victor Valley College Application. To assist the District in determining whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements, descriptions of an applicant's present and past job duties should include details pertinent to the position for which he/she is applying.
Please note, the only form of communication you will receive throughout the recruiting and hiring process will be through email. It is your responsibility to check your email for any upcoming testing and/or interview dates.
This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies. If it is unclear whether an applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position from the application, that applicant will be disqualified.
It is not unusual for the District to receive hundreds of applications for a position. For this reason, it is advantageous to make the application as easy to review as possible.
Candidates wishing to apply for more than one position must apply for each position separately.A complete file consists of all of the following:
1. A completed Victor Valley College application electronic form
2. A letter expressing interest in the position
3. A current resume
4. Copies of transcripts showing college degrees and coursework. NOTE:
Degrees must be from an accredited institution. It is the responsibility of the candidate to include U.S. evaluations of non-U.S. transcripts with their application. Link to - State of California Commission on Teacher Credentialing: https://www.ctc.ca.gov/docs/default-source/leaflets/cl635.pdf?sfvrsn=bb4f6e6a_2
5. Supplemental Application for Equivalent Qualifications (if applicable)
Victor Valley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Victor Valley College prohibits sexual harassment and assures that all employees will enjoy equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Employment acceptance or rejection shall be based on job-related qualifications.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/vvc/jobs/3479376/full-time-instructor-sociology-2
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency