: Family & Consumer SciencesLocations:
: Seattle, WAPosted:
: Apr 9, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: HourlyRef. No.:
: 150515Position ID:
About Seattle Pacific University:
Founded in 1891, Seattle Pacific University has a long and distinguished history in Christian higher education. Located just minutes from downtown Seattle, SPU seeks to be a premier Christian University fully committed to engaging the culture and changing the world by graduating people of competence and character, becoming people of wisdom, and modeling grace-filled community. Seattle Pacific University seeks applicants committed to its Christian mission.
As part of our mission of cultural engagement, SPU is committed to building an excellent and diverse staff and faculty. Diversity is an ethos that is inseparable from our Christian faith. At SPU, we recognize diversity as a basic feature of God's creation and a core theme of the gospel. At the heart of our mission-centered commitment to becoming a more diverse community is a desire to represent the breadth of God's kingdom more fully.
We strive to become a workplace of choice and to recruit, develop, and retain faculty and staff who can embrace, value, and engage differences with humility and care. We invite you to join us on our journey by starting a career at SPU! Learn more about SPU's commitment to diversity and opportunities for our employees to deepen their capacity to serve our increasingly diverse student body.
Seattle Pacific University provides reasonable accommodation to applicants. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the application or hiring process please contact the Human Resources Department at (206)281-2809, or email [email protected]. Notification must be given at least five (5) working days before the accommodation is needed.
General Summary: Provides administrative and clerical support for the Family & Consumer Sciences program. Supervises and trains student workers. Assists faculty by providing various services and clerical support.
- Establishes and implements office procedures; assists faculty, staff, students and visitors as needed; maintains routine student files, answers telephones, sends prospective student information, resolves problems. Provides main office support for Director of FCS which includes correspondence and classroom materials typing.
- Supervises and trains student workers.
- Assists faculty and Director with preparation of travel and reimbursement requests; maintains food lab bank account; logs and forwards all budget documents to CAS Budget Manager.
- Assists faculty with preparation of drafts for time schedule and catalog for forwarding to CAS Program Manager. Maintains syllabi files (including changing content on a quarterly basis).
- Orders office supplies, handles printing, and arranges maintenance services.
- Assists FCS Advisory Council.
- Handles arrangements for events including summer graduate orientation and admissions events.
- Takes care of funds related to FCS.
- Assist all faculty in preparation for quarter work (collating packets, determining price, taking to Bookstore).
- Assist in planning and coordinating online structure used throughout the graduate curriculum.
- Associate's or Bachelor of Arts or Science in a related field.
- Three years of clerical/secretarial experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, including Work, Outlook, Excel. Typing/word processing, minimum 50 wpm.
Position will remain open until filled. We anticipate this position to move to 40 hours per week in the summer of 2023 with the addition of a new MS in Nutrition program.
Salary: $19.00 per hour
This is a position with excellent benefits. SPU pays the employee premium for medical, dental, and vision insurance. SPU makes contributions to an employee HSA account and to a retirement account after one year of eligibility in the plan. Tuition discount program available for the employee and qualified immediate family members.
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with the online application.
Please note: All SPU employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to submit documentary proof of vaccination unless an exception applies. For more information, see SPU's Vaccination Requirements FAQs webpage.