2800 E. Spring Creek Parkway, Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for candidates that meet the required qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Provide academic tutoring and assistance to individual students and small groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Tutor and assist students in academic achievement by meeting with them individually or in small groups to help clarify course material and give suggestions and recommendations to improve study skills.
- Assist students with course-related equipment and supplies.
- Maintain records of students tutored as required under department guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Ensure offices and files are adequately secured on a daily basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of college-level courses
- Knowledge of of the English language
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Publisher
- Knowledge of department guidelines and record keeping
- Knowledge of academic software
- Knowledge of related instructional equipment
- Organization and time management skills
- Filing skills
- Presentation skills
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to create a positive tutoring and learning environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
Completion of one sophomore-level course in the discipline or a related discipline or equivalent. One (1) year of related experience required.
This position is generally limited to working a maximum of 19.5 hours per week. (Maximum hours for employees with more than one part-time position at Collin College may vary.)
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.**
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
- Must have taken and passed calculus II with a 'B' grade or better.
- Recommendation from a professor required.
- Current Collin College students or recent graduates preferred.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.