3452 Spur 399, McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for candidates that meet the required qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Direct Compensation, Benefits and HR Information Systems (HRIS) functions. Ensure legal, equitable and consistent application of staff and faculty compensation policies and procedures. Direct the management of various HR systems to improve efficiency and ensure compliance with data integrity, security standards, and record retention regulations. Ensure accurate and timely completion of numerous state, federal and internal reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the District's compensation functions for faculty and staff including; conducting job evaluations, documenting analysis of job requirements and qualifications, drafting and updating job descriptions, reviewing FLSA classifications, conducting and responding to salary surveys, and recommending placement of new jobs within current compensation plan.
- Direct the management of HRIS systems and related procedures, Serve in a lead role for HR system administration, upgrades, modifications and implementations.
- Oversee the management of system tables, workflows, user access, data integrity, security, troubleshooting and end-user training.
- Oversee management of the District's medical, dental, life, disability, retirement, unemployment, and workers compensation plans.
- Oversee the management of the leave of absence benefits programs, Sick Leave Pool, and unemployment claims.
- Serve as the District's key resource related to retirement benefits, including TRS, ORP, 403(b) plans, and Social Security/Medicare benefits and processes.
- Prepare and review reports required by state and federal agencies.
- Respond to salary surveys from other colleges and agencies.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual HR reports and metrics.
- Review faculty load each academic term to ensure compliance with faculty compensation and load guidelines.
- Answer questions and provide guidance to academic divisions on faculty load procedures and guidelines.
- Direct the day-to-day operational processes of human resources information systems and serve in a lead role for HRIS system upgrades, modifications and conversions.
- Direct the records management process for on-line and physical Human Resources files, including appropriate records retention.
- Manage applicant tracking, performance management, and other HR systems administration to optimize usage of each system's functionality in alignment with college procedures.
- Update workflows and troubleshoot system issues, working with vendors, as necessary.
- Plan and implement HR portion of the district-wide payroll processes.
- Work with the Vice President of Human Resources to identify areas within the human resources department for improvement.
- Assist with development and implementation of solutions to improve HR processes and procedures.
- Develop and recommend human resources systems for the district.
- Develop and manage content for assigned HR Website pages.
- Keep pages up to date with current policies and procedures.
- Supervise, train and evaluate assigned staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures, and core values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of various HRIS systems, database structures, and data
- Knowledge of all HR functional areas
- Knowledge of employment and compensation laws
- Knowledge of record retention guidelines
- Knowledge of college policies and procedures
- Knowledge of benefits and related deductions
- Knowledge of payroll procedures
- Technical and analytical skills
- Project management skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Training skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Supervisory skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership and team development skills
- Conflict management skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to identify and resolve problems or opportunities for improvement
- Ability to supervise and evaluate performance
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
Bachelor's degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution required. Master's degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
Five (5) years of related experience in a broad range of HR functional areas, with focus in compensation and HR systems required.
Two (2) years of supervisory experience required.
Licenses and Certifications
CCP, SPHR, PHR, and/or SHRM certification preferred.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.**
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or send an email to: email@example.com
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.