Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Assistant, Student Financial Aid
Job Description Summary:
To provide customer service assistance technical support assistance in the administration of student financial aid services including providing financial aid information and guidance to students and prospective students.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Provides technical support to students by assisting them with setting up FSAID, submitting FAFSA, accessing Online Services and requesting IRS Tax Return Transcripts.
2) Provides financial aid information to students regarding programs, application procedures, availability of funds, procedures for applying, disbursement of funds and scholarship resources.
3) Responds to and/or directs student financial aid inquiries in person or via telephone.
4) Provides telephone outreach to students in the financial aid process.
5) Assists in reviewing student financial aid applications and determining eligibility based on federal and state regulations.
6) Assists students with navigating removal of registration holds due to delinquency or loan default, repayment of current term aid/loans or obtaining uncovered balances.
7) Applies federal and state regulations to all aspects of financial aid programs and provides information regarding regulations to students and prospective students.
8) Provides assistance with the College Work Study Program as required.
9) Presents financial aid presentations and workshops which may include Student Success, Loan Entrance Counseling, Work-Study Orientation, FAFSA workshops and Student Money Management presentations.
10) Performs general clerical activities and provides support in relation to financial aid services.
11) Communicates with students regarding incomplete financial aid files and assists students with submission of missing documentation and forms.
* Student financial aid processes and activities.
* Federal and state regulations pertaining to financial aid programs.
* Work study programs and financial aid outreach programs.
* Outreaching to students and providing student service follow up information regarding financial aid, admissions, registration, etc.
* Customer services techniques and practices.
* Maintaining an established work schedule.
* Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy.
* Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
* Providing information and guidance in relation to student financial aid programs.
* Reviewing financial aid applications and determining eligibility.
* Performing general clerical activities associated with financial aid services.
* Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
* Determining individual benefit eligibility.
* Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
Required Work Experience
* One year related work experience.
* Associate degree.
Four years of related work experience may substitute for this education requirement. Applicants who substitute work experience to meet the education requirement must use additional related work experience to meet the years of "Required Work Experience" for this position. Please note that the college reserves the right to amend these terms of substitution at any time.
* Must not be on default of any federal/state student loans.
* Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
* Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
* Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
$32,448 - $41,717
Please Note: ACC job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the job posting closing date (midnight on the day before the closing date). Please apply prior to the job closing date and time.
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
July 31, 2022
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.