If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board
Position: Assistant or Associate Professor & Director of Choral Activities
Faculty Unit: Faculty of Culture, Language, and Performing Arts
Closing Date: Open until filled; review of applications will begin September 15th, 2022
Job Type: Full-time
Job Category: Faculty
- Required qualifications: doctorate in choral conducting; record of successful college-level teaching and demonstrated success in choral ensemble direction.
- Preferred qualifications: experience teaching voice lessons in classical, musical theatre, and CCM styles; experience with students of diverse cultures, and commitment to culturally diverse choral repertoire.
- The individual should be completely committed to helping prepare students to serve in their families, communities, and the Church throughout the world, with a particular emphasis on the Asia-Pacific region. Brigham Young University–Hawaii gives preference to women and men whose background and/or experiences mirror the many cultures and geographic regions reflected by the student body.
- As an educational institution affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU-Hawaii prefers to hire qualified members of the Church in good standing as authorized under Title 41 CFS § 60-1.5 (a)(6).
- Teach 24-30 credit hours per year over three semesters including choirs and individual voice instruction.
- Scholarship/creative endeavor, ongoing professional development, and university service are required.
- Rank and salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
- A limited relocation expense package is provided.
- Annually renewable contract eligible for Continuing Faculty Status (BYU-H equivalent of “tenure-track”)
- Standard BYU-Hawaii benefits package for regular full-time employees.
Procedures: Please complete and submit the following application materials using our online portal. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Official BYU-Hawaii online application form. A letter of application and current curriculum vitae. The “Fit Statement” (separate from the application letter): Response to the following question as a separate statement “Why do you consider yourself to be a good fit for BYU-Hawaii?” Three letters of recommendation written specifically for this position. Letter writers must include their names, addresses, and telephone numbers and send their letters via our online portal when prompted. Their contact information will be entered by you when you submit the online application.
Official (unofficial OK at early stage of review) transcript from the institution where last degree was received. Electronic or scanned copies (as long as the Registrar’s seal is evident) should be included with other application documents.
Optional - A link to a 10-minute (minimum) teaching video posted online.
Starting Date: Fall Semester, 2023
Contact: Office of Associate Academic Vice President –Faculty
55-220 Kulanui Street
Laie, HI 96762
* More information may be requested as you progress through the recruiting process.