GIS Administrator (7304U), Facilities Services - 34036
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
Facilities Services (FS) works to maintain a campus-built environment that is conducive to teaching, learning and research. We strive to continuously improve the campus in partnership with all members of the campus community.
The GIS, Mapping and Drawing Group within Facilities Services provides critical support to the department by providing accurate drawings, GIS and spatial data information. This position will be part of the unit that develops and maintains a functional and accessible FS spatial database, drawing archives, and mapping data.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: April 25, 2022. This position will remain open until filled.
- Administer ArcGIS Enterprise server system, both testing and production environments; manage SQL server databases, maintain security roles for access to data.
- Design, test, implement and maintain server infrastructure and solutions.
- Make recommendations as needed for purchases or upgrades to maintain or improve performance.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of geographic information to support mapping and spatial data needs of Facilities Services.
- Manage, distribute and organize campus archives, and current drawing data and documents of various types.
- Performs task automation in relation to mapping and drawing tasks, including quality assurance and publication processes.
- Provide technical assistance in database planning, and in organizing, creating and improving digital GIS data, drawings, and map illustrations.
- Maintain and distribute campus floorplan layouts using AutoCAD.
- Manage and implement file server permissions, processes, and synchronization of various software including GIS, CMMS, and box.
- Requires critical thinking, problem solving, and strong and verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner among varying levels in the organization.
- Must be able to both work in a team and work autonomously to complete significant projects.
- Proficient in GIS database planning, design, and implementation.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Enterprise, including SQL Server database management and administration.
- Knowledge of spatial, relational database structure and management practices.
- Excellent data and file management skills, including experience with document management systems.
- Experience with creating, updating, and maintaining floorplans and other technical diagrams in AutoCAD.
Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Experience building GIS web applications, preferably in ArcGIS Portal or Geocortex.
- Experience organizing and maintaining archival records.
- Programming skills or experience with automation tools a plus, such as Python or FME.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience within the range of $95,000.00 - $112,000.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
Referral Source info
This job is part of the Employee Referral Program. If a UC Berkeley employee is referring you, please ensure you select the Referral Source
of "UCB Employee
" and then enter the employee's Name
and Berkeley email
address in the Specific Referral Source
field. Please enter only one name and email.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=34036&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency