Asset Management Data Analyst (7398U), Facilities Services - 34032
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
Facilities Services works to maintain a campus built environment that is conducive to teaching, learning and research. We strive to continuously improve the campus in partnership with all members of the campus community. Facilities Services is comprised of the following units: Campus Recycling and Refuse Services, Custodial Services, Environmental Services, Grounds Operations, Shops, Quality Assurance & Customer Service, Sustainability and Engineering Services and People's Park.
The Asset Management unit is responsible for comprehensive property management of all campus facilities, utilities and grounds. This includes oversight of maintenance performance, long term strategic and reinvestment planning, and capital project oversight. This includes the fiscal planning and oversight of campus' facility renewal investment and oversight of the performance and mission of Regional Managers who oversee project, maintenance and renewal activities in groups of campus buildings. The scope of the unit reaches across campus and is closely connected to the activities of Facilities Services staff, building managers, other campus departments and campus leadership. The position is responsible for creating the Facilities Services template for estimating all maintenance and repair functions, and preparing all memoranda for customer care criteria and performance measurements. This position will also be responsible for creating and tracking all life cycle cost benchmark data, and determining deferred maintenance budget allocations. The Data Analyst will also be responsible for working closely with the integrated CMMS system for consistent program implementation, fiscal tracking, and facility asset inventories.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: April 22, 2022
- Researches and analyzes processes and procedures, summarizes findings, policies and organizational structures in order to develop and / or implement changes and to provide consultative services to department administrators, partners and external stakeholders.
- Coordinates efforts with a variety of external and internal contacts; researches organizational structures, policies and procedures and summarizes best practices in field. Provides technical guidance and quality assessment.
- Develops proposals and recommendations to guide and support a broader strategic direction for the organization or initiative.
- Proposes, leads and / or participates on policy and planning committees and working groups.
- Provides strategy development for organizational or research initiative. Examples: Capital Renewal Committee, Capital Renewal Program, and Building Profile analysis efforts.
- Provides analyses for complex budget, financial, academic, data, asset, systems and resource projects working directly with all levels of managers. Specifically supports Asset Management team across data platforms: CMMS, Tririga, CBRE, Smartsheet
- Researches and drafts complex proposals, reports, briefings, executive summaries, and speeches.
- Establishes and maintains contacts internally and with external constituents for the collection and exchange of data.
- Researches and summarizes best practices in field.
- Provides analysis between ICAMP/Tririga/Tableau and Maximo verifying data accuracy and consistency between systems.
- Researches, monitors and analyzes regulations, legislation, research literature and UC policies for impact on the organization or initiative.
- Collaborates on Job Plan creation and provides analysis as it relates to MOU creation and performance metrics.
- Conducts post-implementation analysis to determine the need for further enhancements, finer distinctions and / or additional process / policy components.
- Coordinates implementation with cross-organizational departments or external entities as needed.
- Performs ad hoc, analytical studies on a wide variety of policies, programs and issues which are complex in nature.
- Supports Capital Renewal Program and Asset management functions.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn common organization - or research-specific and other computer application programs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
- Analytical / problem-solving skills.
- Strong skills in analyzing, researching and synthesizing large amounts of data for preparing sound and relevant proposals / analyses.
- Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
- Strong policy analysis techniques.
Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience within the range of $62,300.00 - $90,700.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
Referral Source info
This job is part of the Employee Referral Program. If a UC Berkeley employee is referring you, please ensure you select the Referral Source
of "UCB Employee
" and then enter the employee's Name
and Berkeley email
address in the Specific Referral Source
field. Please enter only one name and email.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=34032&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency