School of Medicine:
Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation’s top medical schools. Ranked tenth among its peers, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where traditional barriers are low, interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced, and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve humanhealth locally and around the globe.
Comprised of 2,400 faculty physicians and researchers, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing and Duke University Health System create Duke Health. Duke Health is a world-class health care network. Founded in 1998 to provide efficient, responsive care, the health system offers a full network of health services and encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Job Title: Marketing Manager Position Summary
The Marketing Manager is responsible for designing, developing, and disseminating multi-media content about DIHI products and services to relevant stakeholder groups. This position will integrate strategic communications, audience and user research, content creation, brand building, and project management to ensure the successful adoption and dissemination of health innovations. This position will work directly with experts across disciplines, including clinicians, data scientists, data engineers, software developers, and health system leaders to design and develop documentation and user-facing material related to novel products and services. This position will also perform user research with front-line clinical staff and organizational leaders to understand stakeholder needs to facilitate tailored content creation. This position will review and optimize material created across DIHI projects and will maintain style guidelines and standards for user- and public-facing content. This position will work closely with the DIHI Program Director to identify and pursue opportunities to increase awareness and develop partnerships around individual products and services as well as portfolio outputs. Lastly, the Marketing Manager will help instruct students and trainees involved in DIHI workforce development programs. The Marketing Manager will possess expertise in strategic communication, user and audience research, content creation, brand building, and project management. The Marketing Manager will have experience developing content and communication strategies for technology products and be curious and eager to understand the inner workings of novel health innovations. The Marketing Manager will be an excellent written and oral communicator and will have experience creating structure and process in entrepreneurial environments. Duties and Responsibilities of Position
- Content Strategy
- Collaborates with relevant stakeholders to develop content to educate users and health systems leaders about health innovations.
- Develops and applies content strategy for novel products and services to ensure optimal content creation that serves user needs.
- Identifies user pain-points to develop materials to support successful adoption and use of health innovations.
- Works across multiple projects to develop and maintain standard style and communication practices.
- Content Creation
- Develops relevant, technically accurate content designed for a variety of users that combines conceptual understanding and hands-on interactive learning experiences.
- Develops content plans that align with product strategy and creates content in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Develops content in close collaboration with technical and clinical collaborators to deeply understand products and services. Applies newly obtained understanding to support audience and user needs.
- Content Maintenance and Improvement
- Reviews and improves content across DIHI portfolio for dissemination across channels.
- Develops approval and review process with project team members to assess material and identify potential improvements.
- Tests and builds user scenarios and challenges.
- Stakeholder Collaboration
- Leverages feedback from users, health system leaders, clinicians, and technical collaborators to gather insights and improve content quality and effectiveness.
- Collaborates with relevant cross-team and cross-project stakeholders to understand and align content with project goals.
- User Research and Engagement
- Designs user research studies to gather actionable insights into content development and strategy.
- Evaluates internal and external data and reports through literature reviews, discussions with team members, and stakeholder interviews. Synthesizes and consolidates research to inform and assist with content strategy.
- Engages with health innovation users and health system leaders to address feedback.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong background in content development and strategy for technical products and services
- Experience working closely with software developers, data scientists, and data engineers to develop material related to novel products
- Strong background gathering input and feedback from diverse stakeholder groups to strategize tailored communication plans for different audience segments
- Experience developing multi-media content and digital media including web distribution and video
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and oral communication with strong portfolio of prior work
- 4+ years of experience in content development and strategy
Work requires a general business background generally equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a business related field.
Work requires four years related business or administrative experience to acquire competence in a variety of activities related to marketing and planning. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Experience developing software and writing code. Ideal candidate will exhibit training and education in both content development and computer science or related field.
- Prior experience working on health related products and services
Bachelors degree in English, literature, communications, business or related field with strong focus on written and oral communication. Masters degree preferred or equivalent work experience.Preferred experience: position requires four years related experience. A masters degree can substitute for two years of experience.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.