Accountant, Student Business Services #442221Position Type:
Associate VP for Administration DeptJob Summary/Basic Function:
About This Role:
Lamar University is inviting applications for the Accountant, Student Business Services position. This position is responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations of the student business services office, including daily treasury and student account functions.
Who We Are:
- Post all University bank deposits
- Post and review daily cashiering deposit worksheets
- Review accounts for discrepancies and reconcile differences
- Interpret laws and regulations relating to tuition, fees, and other payment methods.
- Help with registration and non-payment drop process
- Review and process student refunds through Banner and Bankmobile Respond to inquiries and provide information to faculty, staff and students.
- Assist Student Finance with Academic Partnership programs
- Reconcile Academic Health Plans
- Perform other duties as assigned
Lamar University is a diverse and accessible global university for life-long learners with a passion for broad-based community engagement. As a vital contributor to the socioeconomic wellbeing and resilience of the Gulf Coast region, our expertise is recognized locally and beyond. Lamar University is home to more than 17,000 students and is among the fastest growing Texas colleges and universities. LU is a member of The Texas State University System, which is the first higher education system of Texas and maintains the lowest average tuition and fees of any university system in Texas. With more than 100 degree options and a community that cares, Lamar students are always proud to be Cardinals.
Lamar University is committed to fostering a culture of diversity where students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds can learn, work, and serve.Benefits:
A comprehensive benefits package is offered that includes:
· Health, dental & vision insurance
· Life insurance
· State of Texas Retirement plans
· Tuition reimbursement for employees, spouses and/or eligible dependent
· Paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays.Minimum Qualifications:
What You Need to Succeed – Minimum Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Fund accounting principles and reporting requirements for colleges and universities, audit controls, personal computers, related software, and mainframe operations.
Preparing correspondence and forms, working as a team member, establishing rapport, analyzing and resolving problems, interpreting laws and statutes, providing solutions.
Interpret, analyze and apply policies, reports, laws, state rules, TSUS and university policies, procedures, perform complex math, communicate with faculty, staff and students.
Experience and Education:
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- Experience using Banner student and Banner Finance
- May possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement:
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary:
$36,900 - $42,436Posting Date:
04/07/2022Open Until Filled: