Starting Pay Rate: Per Adjunct Faculty Pay Scale
Schedule Information: Days/evenings/weekends depending upon course schedule
***This posting will be used to obtain a pool of qualified candidates for the above subjects. As teaching needs arise, these applications will be reviewed for possible interviews***
The number of adjunct instructors hired varies from semester to semester, depending upon the needs of the department. Your application can remain "Under Review by Committee" for 18 months. You may check your status at any time by logging into jobs.harpercollege.edu with your username and password.
Current needs: (These dates and times can change)
Fall – Special Populations Tuesdays 2:30-4:10pm Spring – Cardiopulmonary/Integumentary Tues/Thurs 8:00am-11:20am Tues/Thurs 1:30-4:50pm
- Fall – Intervention Fundamentals
- Tues/Thurs 10:00am-11:40am
Hiring a licensed physical therapist or physical therapist assistant to teach various courses in our physical therapist assistant program. Teaching responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepare course syllabi
- Teaching in the classroom/lab
- Prepare teaching materials
- Mentor students
- Create and present lectures
- Assess student performance through written assignments, exams and practical exams
- Maintain current knowledge in contemporary physical therapy practice as it applies to the courses in which you teach through CEUs, PDUs and/or clinical practice
- Complete assessment matrix regarding student performance
- Communicate regularly with program coordinator
- Participate in faculty meetings
- Create course curriculum maps to ensure alignment of course objectives with learning activities and assessment tools
- Participate in assessment meetings
- Other duties as requested by program coordinator as defined by CAPTE
Education Requirements: Licensed PT with a Master’s degree or PTA with a Bachelor’s degree, current license to practice PT or PTA in any US jurisdiction.
Experience Requirements: At least 3 years experience as a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant including 3 years’ experience in cardiopulmonary physical therapy practice for Cardiopulmonary course. At least 1 years experience for intervention fundamentals and/or special populations. Preferred: 1 year teaching or didactic experience.
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Applicable Benefits: We offer a competitive, semester by semester adjunct pay, with Harper tuition waivers, sick/personal business leave, and a comprehensive Adjunct Faculty Professional Development Program.
Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create an inclusive learning and working environment where individual differences and identities are respected, valued and embraced. We encourage women, people from historically underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.