School of Education Irvine, CA, USA 64800-105000 dependent on rank, graduate degree(s) earned, and other relevant factors Full-Time Health Insurance, Retirement, Disability and Life Insurance, Tuition discounts, paid Vacation & Sick Time and generous paid HolidaysEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
**Applications close on February 6, 2023**
The School of Education at Concordia University Irvine announces a full-time faculty position to serve in
the Doctor of Education in Leadership program. An academically qualified and experienced individual is
sought to teach doctoral-level courses and to serve as chair on dissertation committees to support
student success through active and meaningful learning experiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Actively participate in the continued improvement and implementation of the Doctor of
Education in Leadership program
• Teach doctoral-level leadership, research and/or specialization courses
• Serve as chair on dissertation committees for doctoral candidates
• Be active and engaged in scholarly, empirical research.
• Assess and utilize evidence of student learning and program effectiveness to drive curriculum
• Serve the university as a member of the School of Education, including but not limited to:
a. Modeling Christian discipleship in life, teaching, and conduct
b. Attendance at faculty meetings, faculty retreats, and official functions
• Availability to support on-campus programming and recruiting initiatives.
• On-site office hours to support students, colleagues, and university events are required
• Available to work evenings, Saturdays, and summers
• Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
•An earned doctorate in leadership, education, administration, organizational change, special
education, research design, or related field
• Consistent record of development and accomplishment as a leader in the fields of educational
administration, organizational change, and/or special education
• Successful record of research and methodology
• A minimum of five years of relevant experience post the terminal degree is preferred
• Experience in higher education is preferred.
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching graduate courses and in using a variety of instructional
methods and technologies
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues and engage respectfully with
• Experience and commitment to ongoing assessment of student learning outcomes
• Communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills for promoting graduate education
• Creative aptitude, problem-solving ability, and flexibility to changing conditions and needs
● Be able to represent Concordia University in a variety of situations
● Possess excellent organizational skills, be detail-oriented, and able to work independently and
● Have the training, skills and ability to motivate others
● Active participation in the life of a Bible-based church. Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
● Be committed to the vision, mission, and ministry of Concordia University, Irvine
Concordia University - Irvine Cahttps://cui.applicantpro.com