Tenure Track/Tenure-Earning Open Rank Professor, 9 or 12 Month Salaried, College of Nursing Location:
Tallahassee, FL Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
College of Nursing
Florida State University College of Nursing provides quality nursing education that is student-oriented, accessible to a diverse student population, and based on the healthcare needs of our community. Currently, our Undergraduate Nursing Program offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), in a traditional method of delivery (starting in the Fall and Spring Semesters) and a Fast-Track BSN, 4 consecutive semesters (15 months).
We are seeking a Full-time, 9 or 12 month, Tenure Track/Tenure Earning Open Rank Professor to teach primarily in the Undergraduate Nursing Program providing didactic, lab and/or clinical nursing instruction across a broad range of settings, including fundamentals, health assessment, community, pediatrics, and senior internship. Start date as early as Fall 2022. Rank commensurate with experience.
- Responsible to a Chair or other appropriate higher-level administrator of a State university
- Responsible for teaching, research, service, and related administrative activities
- Responsible for academic advising and related activities
- May represent the university, college/school, or department/unit on university and/or Statewide committees
- Pursue extramural research funding.
- Develop and/or maintain a research program.
- Maintain a record of scholarly publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Prepare and teach assigned courses.
- Provide service to the university, the community and the profession
- Deliver instruction in didactic, lab and clinical settings to promote student success.
- Participate in planning, organizing, and developing curriculum for the Undergraduate Nursing Program.
- Supervise, evaluate, and mentor students in the classroom, lab, and clinical settings.
- Appropriately document student progress in clinical sessions.
- Participate in departmental and team meetings.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Terminal degree (PhD, DNP, EdD) from an accredited institution or the highest degree appropriate in the field of specialization with a demonstrated record of achievement in teaching, academic research, and service, and valid active Florida Registered Nurse (RN) or Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) license is required at time of hire. Current clinical experience along with Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation(CPR)/Basic Life Support (BLS) certification are required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Applicants must be willing to work a flexible schedule at multiple sites, as well as possess strong, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. The Tenure Track/Tenure-Earning Faculty in Nursing must demonstrate the ability to work well with students, faculty and staff at all levels within a diverse, multi-cultural, collaborative environment.
Relevant teaching experience is preferred.
Dr. Susan Baker: email@example.com
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific Faculty job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://hr.fsu.edu/facultyjobs. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include education details even if attaching a Vita.
Please submit a CV and cover letter with your online application.
This position requires that you have three confidential professional letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf. Follow the steps below to request these letters through our system:
1) After submitting your application, click the Careers link;
2) Click the My References link;
3) Click the Send/View Reference Request button next to the appropriate position; and
4) Follow the steps on that page to send your references a system generated email requesting they submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
You may also return to the My References link and click on "Send/View Reference Request" to see if your references have responded, add additional references, or resend requests.
This is a Faculty position.
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting
This position is being advertised as open until filled
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.