Performs a wide variety of standard to complex technical activities related to developing processes to collect, retrieve, analyze, present and publish research and evaluation studies.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists in the logistics of data collection, data entry, and data analysis activities; programs statistical analysis routines to produce source documentation.
2. Assists in coordination of data collection and data dissemination.
3. Incorporates narratives, tables, and graphs into reports and studies for departmental and College staff using desktop publishing software.
4. Works with departmental staff and others at the College to complete state, federal, and agency reports.
5. Works with departmental staff and others at the College to develop, implement, and publish research studies.
6. Writes research reports and short narrative sections to describe tabular and graphic displays of data.
7. Develops a system to maintain department hard copy and electronic systems of institutional information.
8. Prepares a wide variety of reports, letters, memos, and statistical chart; uses data visualization tools such as Tableau and/or Power Bi.
9. Maintains system of reports and study distributions.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Good communication and presentation skills
Proficiency in research practices, methods, and techniques
Proficiency in computer software, programming, and applications
Proficiency in office and database software applications
Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and college procedures and policies
Bachelor’s Degree and one year of experience in computer applications, technical writing or research designing.
Experience in institutional effectiveness, evaluation and/or assessment
Experience in Statistical Analysis System (SAS) programming or SPSS