HERS (Higher Education Resource Services), is a leadership development organization that is dedicated to creating and sustaining a diverse network of women leaders in higher education. Founded in 1972, HERS proudly serves as a network and resource for women eager to advance both themselves and their respective institutions of higher education. For 50 years, HERS has made great strides with respect to the advancement of women in higher education and plans on boldly moving onward to ensure greater diversity and equity in university and college leadership.
As the only national organization committed exclusively to narrowing the gender gap in higher education leadership, HERS supports the advancement of women from the start of their careers all the way through to their transition into retirement. Through various programs, HERS provides program participants with transformational experiences and opportunities that result in stronger institutions of higher education. Programs are designed to serve faculty, staff, and administrators who identify as women and aspire to become bold leaders representing greater equity, inclusivity, and excellence in higher education.
The Director, Marketing, Recruiting & Alumnae Affairs creates a positive impact in higher education by promoting HERS services in support and development of women leaders in higher education with a customer service attitude. S/he is responsible for creating, maintaining and/or overseeing an integrated marketing and communications strategy across all marketing channels; determining the messaging and brand to promote HERS as the leading organization advancing women in higher education leadership; and engaging alumnae and past participants of all HERS programs in the HERS Network and as ambassadors for the organization. The role is both strategic and hands-on, with a focus on managing the staff, tools, and resources needed to advance the reputation, visibility and image of HERS.
As a member of the leadership team, the Director reports to the President and is responsible for managing staff supporting alumnae affairs and engagement, communications, and recruitment for HERS programs and services. The Director works with the President and other HERS staff members to develop, sustain, and document client and alumnae relationships with the focus on the growth of HERS, both through services provided and as a thought leader in advancing women's careers and leadership development.
Maintaining and Strengthening HERS Reputation
- Regularly promote HERS mission, network, and accomplishments of alumnae
- Highlight accomplishments of HERS alumnae, facilitators, and friends
- Maintain meaningful relationships with HERS partner institutions
- Create collateral for celebratory milestones and annual fundraising campaigns
Marketing and Recruiting
- Oversee all organizational marketing strategies and operations
- Manage staff supporting marketing, recruiting, and communications
- Manage the enrollment strategy and processes for HERS programs and services to meet enrollment goals
- Maintain a deep understanding of all HERS history and program services and identify appropriate opportunities to upsell and cross-sell programs
- Develop and implement strategic communication and marketing plans to support HERS
- Identify, build, and sustain meaningful relationships with institutional stakeholders
- Strategically and tactically manage the overall organizational marketing communications for HERS, including but not limited to:
- Creating original content (copy & design) for all marketing channels
- Preparing/distributing invitations for HERS-sponsored/attended events
- Managing and monitoring the performance of all marketing channels
- Maintaining knowledge of technology trends and new marketing and communication tools for email and social media marketing
- Maintain basic knowledge of SEO and best practices for website optimization
- Manage all communications related to reputation management, general marketing, recruiting, branding, and outreach efforts
- Research market trends and identify new audience opportunities
- Engage with higher education media outlets to share HERS news
- Manage staff supporting alumnae engagement
- Oversee achievement of HERS Network membership goals
- Oversee HERS Network activities associated with alumnae events
- Lead outreach efforts confirming updated contact info and collecting/distributing alumnae testimonials and stories to spotlight the power of the HERS Network
- Assist with the planning and preparation and lead distribution of marketing and communication collateral to support all alumnae engagement opportunities, including but not limited to:
- Alumnae events
- Facilitator and program associate recruitment
- Celebratory milestones (e.g., anniversaries) and annual fundraising campaigns
- Customer service assistance with application/registration process
- Promotion of HERS and all program services
- Prepare business materials and documents for meetings/presentations
- Work within the CRM (Salesforce)
- Manage vendors that support the marketing of and recruitment for HERS
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skilled in organizational communications strategy, project-level strategy, long-term communications and outreach planning, recruiting and organizational metrics development and reporting.
- Demonstrated successful in the recruiting/sales of service process for specialized program offerings.
- Ability to write marketing materials, news releases and web content.
- Understanding of social media platforms and ability to support organizations in this space.
- Ability to promote successfully workshops, programs, in partnership with the designated event coordinator and program director.
- Practical understanding of various media to represent the HERS organization to media outlets and garner favorable publicity.
- Manage web content with appropriate knowledge of SEO and best practices.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience (Veterans with equivalent combination of military certification/education and experience may substitute for this qualification).
- 5-7 years of experience in recruitment, student affairs, or alumni relations in higher education or non-profit sector
- 5-7 years of experience in marketing
- Masters degree
- 8+ years of experience in recruitment, student affairs, or alumni relations in higher education or non-profit sector
- Experience with selling services
- Previous supervisory experience
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Hybrid work schedule available.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) April 22, 2022.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 13.
The salary range for this position is $81,000-$91,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.