Performs a wide variety of standard to complex technical activities related to developing processes to collect, retrieve, analyze, present and publish research and evaluation studies.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the logistics of data collection, data entry, and data analysis activities; programs statistical analysis routines to produce source documentation.
- Assists in coordination of data collection and data dissemination.
- Incorporates narratives, tables, and graphs into reports and studies for departmental and College staff using desktop publishing software.
- Works with departmental staff and others at the College to complete state, federal, and agency reports.
- Works with departmental staff and others at the College to develop, implement, and publish research studies.
- Writes research reports and short narrative sections to describe tabular and graphic displays of data.
- Develops a system to maintain department hard copy and electronic systems of institutional information.
- Prepares a wide variety of reports, letters, memos, and statistical chart; uses data visualization tools such as Tableau and/or Power Bi.
- Maintains system of reports and study distributions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in research practices, methods, and techniques
- Proficiency in computer software, programming, and applications
- Proficiency in office and database software applications
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and college procedures and policies
- Bachelor’s Degree and one year of experience in computer applications, technical writing or research designing.
- Experience in institutional effectiveness, evaluation and/or assessment
- Experience in Statistical Analysis System (SAS) programming or SPSS