: Decker Student Health ServicesLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Apr 4, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 09717Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Lead Programmer/Analyst (SL-3)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Binghamton University seeks candidates for a full-time calendar year position of Desktop Support Coordinator. This is a shared position between the departments of Information Technology Services (ITS) and Health & Counseling Services. The successful candidate will work with the Decker Student Health Services Center, the University Counseling Center and the Employee Assistance Program, providing technical support to hardware and software operations and acting in a liaison role with the University's ITS.
Within a dual reporting structure, the Desktop Support Coordinator will be part of a dynamic team focused on providing quality service delivered in an efficient way. A major focus of the role will be to provide excellent technical support to the end user.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide hardware and software support for all laptops, desktops, printers, faxes, mobile technology and phone systems housed within the department.
- Serve as departmental resource person for University and departmental software. Keep abreast of changes in new versions of software and identify processes in need of change. Test all modifications and provide training and/or communication to staff on changes. Assist in the development, modification, maintenance and updating of documentation to educate and assist the end user. Research software issues and provide solutions.
- Assist with assessment, data management and data mining strategies for the department.
- Serves as contact with ITS on implementation and revision of any and all IT related projects at both the Decker Student Health Services Center (DSHSC) and the University Counseling Center (UCC).
- Develop strategic planning for hardware upgrades and replacements. Maintain departmental hardware by ensuring that appropriate virus and spyware is up-to-date and operational, updates are regularly applied and the hardware is functioning properly. Validate on the campus network when registrations are needed for wireless equipment, Move and set-up computers and maintain departmental inventory of all computers, printers and other hardware.
- Assist in ensuring departmental compliance with University rules, regulations, policies and guidelines in the area of information technology.
- Serve as member of the Student Affairs IT team, and assist on Division projects and initiatives as needed.
- Maintain websites and website changes for the department, as needed.
- Be knowledgeable of IT trends and Best Practices in higher education and initiate departmental discussions regarding process modifications/ change.
- A Bachelor's degree or a combination of education (certifications) and experience will be considered.
- At least two years of professional experience in desktop support.
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems and configuration and troubleshooting of computer network settings.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in installing and diagnosing Windows software.
- Understanding of and interest in operational needs of the department and ability to translate these needs into technological solutions.
- Must possess superior oral, written and interpersonal communication skills including tact, patience, diplomacy and courtesy.
- Experience with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016.
- Demonstrated skill in troubleshooting, developing solutions and implementing the chosen solution to the satisfaction of the client.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through. Energetic, creative, well-organized, self -directed and task oriented.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, flexibility and a willingness to collaborate as a member of a larger team.
- Ability to handle spontaneous work demands while undertaking projects that require advance planning.
- Bachelor's Degree in technical field.
- Relevant certifications such as HDI, CompTIA A+, ITIL Foundations, as well as vendor and technology specific training.
- Experience in a university or college setting.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Experience with Windows 10 and/or Windows 11, Microsoft Office 2019 and 2021.
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: April 18, 2022
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.