Inside Higher Ed, the leading source for news, careers, events and resources for all of higher education, is seeking an enthusiastic sales director. We are looking for a dynamic sales professional to manage a foundation accounts territory, grow sales and profit, and continue developing account relationships. This person must be willing to roll up their sleeves and make phone calls to create and develop new opportunities with both prospects and existing clients. Additionally, they must negotiate and close business, set up clients for success, and ensure business continues and expands with key accounts.
- Ability to consistently hit and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets
- Identify and develop new business to meet defined targets and grow the account base
- Understand the company’s offerings with the ability to speak authoritatively to benefits and ROI
- Take a results-driven, consultative approach to sales; understand the client’s needs and map those needs into IHE products and solutions
- Provide feedback to internal partners on additional product offerings to meet the needs of foundation advertisers
- Develop persuasive proposals in response to client needs and opportunities
- Provide weekly updates to management, including current month and rolling quarter forecasts
- Develop relationships with clients and an understanding of their businesses
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
• 7+ years of successful business development experience
• Experience partnering with foundations and non-profits
• Understanding marketing strategy in addition to campaign buying and planning
• Ability to develop and deliver effective sales presentations
• Strong customer service and ability to build long-term client relationships
• Results driven, deadline oriented, and aggressive approach
• Ability to work independently and with self-initiative
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Experience using Salesforce.com
• Excellent writing and language skills
• Bachelor’s degree
How to Apply
Inside Higher Ed provides a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as a generous slate of benefits and a convenient location in the heart of downtown DC. we are currently remote due to the pandemic and once things return to “normal,” employees will enjoy a flexible hybrid schedule. If you’re looking for an opportunity to work collaboratively with smart and dedicated colleagues, apply today and let us know why you’d be a great fit.
To apply, please email [email protected] with your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in this role and your salary requirements. Applications without a cover letter or without salary requirements will not be considered.
Inside Higher Ed is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are unable to sponsor for this position. No contract or remote opportunities available.