Business Analyst I, Enterprise Applications Location:
LSC-System Office UP Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
Job Description PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Business Analyst I, Enterprise Applications designs, delivers, and maintains moderately complex business systems and application process solutions. Applies project management methodology. Develops expertise in at least one business area. Delivers enhancements and contributes to small- scale technology projects. A member of a 24/7/365 global department and availability of on-call and after-hour support.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Identifies business systems solution requirements by interviewing clients, analyzes work processes and operations, establishing solution objectives, and evaluates information systems functionality to determine impact to business operationsPrepares system analysis estimates by completing cost-benefit-risk assessmentsDesigns high quality business systems solutions by identifying and evaluating options; preparing functional specifications and resolving solution issuesVerifies business systems solutions by creating test plans and scripts; conducting unit and integration testing in conjunction with customersMaintains business systems standards by applying tools and processes that are best practice KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Develops expertise in one or several business areas
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by area manager for projects and maintenance
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
- Must have solid analysis skills, knowledge of business process review functions, and knowledge of process design and functionality
- Ability to work in cooperation with developers, analysts, managers, and consultants
- Strong problem resolution and troubleshooting skills
- Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of own professional discipline, and an in-depth understanding of the purpose and operations outside own area
- Ability to understand internal and external clients
- Ability to deal with somewhat complex problems that must be broken down into manageable pieces, and the ability to see relationships between problem components
- and prioritizes them
- Ability to utilize knowledge, experience and available resources to find solutions and to participate in development of improvements and help implement change
- Ability to participate in formal or informal group problem solving for immediate issues and to collaborate with team and share relevant information with those who may be affected by decisions
- Ability to convey technical or complex information to others in non- technical terms
- Ability to serve as a mentor/developmental advisor and/or training resource to less experienced staff, providing an example with regard to quantity and quality of work
- Ability to seek opportunities and sets some goals for own development and to develop specific goals for one's own work and to seek out and identify multi-faceted problems and opportunities, taking immediate action to address them
- Ability to recognize immediate obstacles to completing work and initiate action to address a need without being directed
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work. WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Required to work on-call and after hours as needed and on a rotating schedule
- Travel within LSC campuses/locations may be required
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of experience with IT/application support and 2 years of experience with data analysis, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with PeopleSoft 9.x or greater
- ITIL Foundation Certification or industry recognized equivalent experience
- End-user training experience
- End-user and project support experience
- Experience with PeopleTools 8.5x or greater
Hiring salary range is $69,679 - $80,130
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Special Instructions Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts. You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.