Instructor or Assistant Professor of Education
Briar Cliff University of Iowa, an institution committed to higher education within a liberal arts and Catholic perspective, seeks applications for a nine-month, tenure-track, Instructor or Assistant Professor of Education to start in the Fall of 2022.
- Instruct on-campus courses that provide foundation and methods in special education and general education
- Supervise students in field placements and student teaching
- Student advising
- Attending department and university meetings and activities
- Managing the university’s LMS
- Meeting with prospective students
- Participate in the university’s New Faculty Onboarding Program.
- Master’s degree in an area of education
- Degree in Special Education or a closely related field
- Must have demonstrated successful experience in PK-6 or 7-12 regular education and PK-6 or 7-12 special education classrooms
- Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in Special Education
The philosophy of the Teacher Education Program of Briar Cliff University flows from the Mission Statement of the University and the mission of the program. Serving traditional and non-traditional students from diverse backgrounds in the Catholic/Franciscan tradition of openness, caring, and service, candidates in the Teacher Education Program are prepared to be reflective practitioners through a variety of pre-service growth experiences. Those teaching in the Teacher Education Program emphasize subject area content, values education, research, and personal modeling of the various methodologies currently being used in the field. A variety of assessments are taught and modeled using diverse reading, writing, speaking, listening, and hands-on activities.
Perched on a scenic hilltop in northwest Iowa, Briar Cliff University is a liberal arts institution offering baccalaureate to doctoral degree programs and is home to more than 1100 students. Since 1930, the University has educated students in the Franciscan tradition of service, caring, and openness to all. Grounded in faith and pursuit in higher learning, the liberal arts education from Briar Cliff shapes more than just students’ résumés – it shapes their character.
We invite applications for this position. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For fullest consideration, applicant materials must be received by April 22, 2022. Candidates should provide a curriculum vitae, a cover letter, and the names and contact information for three references who will not be contacted without consent. These materials should be sent electronically to Theresa Vandenberg, Human Resources Manager ([email protected]).
Briar Cliff University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.