03/31/2022Open Until Filled:
Faculty Affairs Program CoordinatorDepartment this Position Reports to:
Dean of Faculty AffairsHiring Range Minimum:
$17.75Hiring Range Maximum:
Not an SEIU PositionFLSA Status:
Regular Full TimeScheduled Months per Year:
12Scheduled Hours per Week:
40Location of Position:
1 Rope Ferry Rd.Remote Work Eligibility?:
HybridIs this a term position?:
NoIf yes, length of term in months.:
NAIs this a grant funded position?:
Provides programmatic and administrative support for the Geisel School of Medicine’s Office of Faculty Affairs. Supports school and departmental efforts for compliance with established faculty affairs processes (recruitment, appointment, promotion, and termination) and operationalizes best practices across Geisel. Supports faculty and non-faculty academic (NFA) professional development and wellness programming opportunities sponsored by the Office of Faculty Affairs at Geisel. Provides administrative support, as requested for other faculty and academic programs overseen through the Geisel Office of Faculty Affairs.Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp:
Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and experienceRequired Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title:
- Three+ years of office experience, preferably in an academic setting.
- In-depth knowledge of office procedures.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite and Outlook.
- Experience working in tracking systems and/or databases.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Commitment to diversity.
- Customer service orientation.
- Strong attention to detail.
Erika BrownTalent Acquisition Consultant:
Matt BrowneEqual Opportunity Employer:
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.Background Check:
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.Special Instructions to Applicants:
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against COVID-19 (or to have received an approved exemption from vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion delaying your start date or rescinding its offer of employment.Quick Link:
Program Development and Monitoring
Percentage Of Time:
- Responsible for providing operational and administrative support for faculty and non-faculty academic (NFA) professional, wellness and skills development opportunities sponsored by the Office of Faculty Affairs.
- Works with Faculty Affairs leadership, outside experts, guest speakers, and internal training teams to plan content and schedule events. Participates in supporting curriculum development, long-term planning of content, and execution of events.
- Compiles results of annual faculty career development surveys to inform custom programming for upcoming academic year.
- Partners with the Dean and Associate Director in coordinating and supporting annual retreats for the Office of Faculty Affairs.
- Partners with the Dean and Associate Director to develop and maintain surveys to assess effectiveness of faculty development programming
Percentage Of Time:
- Acts as resource and additional point of contact for faculty affairs questions. Interacts regularly with a wide range of internal and external constituents and staff members.
- Regularly handles confidential or sensitive information, exercises discretion concerning its disposition.
- Interprets, applies and maintains adherence to office, department, and Dartmouth/Geisel policies and procedures.
- Supports the mission of the Office of Faculty Affairs and the Dean’s Office more broadly to foster inclusiveness and diversity.
- Manages and disseminates communications to faculty regarding internal and external faculty development opportunities
- Manages faculty awards and recognition initiatives.
- Creates and maintains the faculty development webpage as a repository for faculty development programming
Calendar & General Administrative Support
Percentage Of Time:
- Provides direct calendar and expense reimbursement/general administrative support for the Dean of Faculty Affairs and the Associate Director for Faculty Affairs.
- Schedules meetings as needed in support of the Office of Faculty Affairs and for faculty/staff recruitment/hiring inquiries.
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.--:
Performs other duties as assigned.