College of the Sequoias Community College District is seeking qualified adjunct faculty to teach Biology within the Science Division during the Summer 2022 session.
Summer session courses available include:
• Frontiers in Biology (Visalia Campus)
• Frontiers in Biology (Hanford Campus)
• Human Anatomy (Hanford Campus)
This recruitment will be open until filled.
Adjunct faculty assignments may include weekend, and/or evening classes at the Visalia Campus, the Hanford Educational Center, or the Tulare College Center.
Adjunct faculty applications which meet the required minimum qualifications are kept on file for one year from the date the application is received.
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting faculty who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
Under the general direction of the dean or director, adjunct faculty will provide comprehensive classroom instruction to students.
To work as an adjunct Biology instructor, you must meet the following minimum qualifications as established by the California Community College Chancellor's Office.
Master's degree in any biological science OR
Bachelor's degree in any biological science AND
Master's in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science
These minimum qualifications may be found within the "Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges" ("MQ's Handbook") located at: http://www.cos.edu/About/HumanResources/Pages/Minimum-Qualifications.aspx
If, after reviewing the "MQ's Handbook", you still have questions if you are qualified to work as an adjunct faculty member at the College of the Sequoias, please call the Human Resources Office at (559) 730-3776.
To be considered for an adjunct faculty position, applicants must:
- Complete an online application;
- Provide a Cover Letter which states the class(es) you desire to teach as well as a general summary of your qualifications;
- A resume
- A Equity/diversity statement (included as a required supplemental question)
- Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be required upon hire);
- If claiming equivalency, please review the Equivalency Policy and Procedures. You must attach your equivalency documents to application. The District's Equivalency Policy and Procedures can be viewed at: Equivalency Board Policy and Administrative Procedures.