Human Resources Business Partner
We are seeking a Human Resources Business Partner
at the Carey Business School who provides comprehensive human resources support for the school, including employee relations consultation, performance management and coaching, onboarding support, and HR records administration. Specific Duties & Responsibilities:Employee Relations - 60%
Talent Management - 20%
- Manage employee relations issues and advise management on performance management, coaching, termination and disciplinary processes. Make recommendations to resolve complex employment-related matters and know when to escalate or engage others.
- Help create and sustain a positive work environment by promoting and demonstrating employee relations practices that appropriately balance organizational and individual needs.
- Work to ensure workplace issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved.
- Use working knowledge of employment law and university policy to ensure compliance related to recruiting and employment, performance management, compensation, Family & Medical Leave (FML), disability and timekeeping. Provide appropriate guidance to managers and employees. Ensure appropriate documentation and data integrity within SAP HRIS and other recordkeeping systems.
- Conduct exit interviews and maintain exit procedures for employees leaving the school.
Other HR Administration, Projects and Tasks - 20%
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of School and University policy, culture and values, and promotes and reinforces these values through modeling, communication and coaching.
- Partner with Carey's Executive Director of HR and HR team to implement solutions and meet goals around attracting, engaging, retaining, and developing talent.
- Partner with various functions within University Human Resources (i.e. Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Organizational Development) to execute on deliverables and business-specific HR strategies.
- Work in partnership with University HR recruiting staff and School hiring managers to recruit and onboard talent.
- In consultation with Compensation team, provide guidance and make recommendations on appropriate starting salaries and promotional salaries for faculty and staff to ensure maintaining balance of equity.
- Provide coaching and development feedback to managers and employees
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Manage and support internal projects and programs, including school-wide HR communications, engagement activities, onboarding activities, and recognition efforts.
- Coordinate Family Medical Leave records with central university resources.
- Actively evaluate existing programs and engages in continuous improvement of systems and processes or creation of new programs
- Process relevant data changes on behalf of employees within SAP.
- Collect and analyze relevant data to make recommendations for decision-making.
- Maintain and protect confidential data with great discretion, judgment, and professionalism.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other related field.
- Three years related experience.
- Additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualifications:
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5 years of progressive experience in human resources.
- Demonstrated employee relations and/or leave administration experience strongly preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal, coaching, and communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to interact with all levels of University employees.
- Client service and solutions-based orientation.
- Learning agility and tolerance for ambiguity and change. Able to coach managers in leading change.
- Commitment to inclusive leadership.
- Ability to effectively de-escalate and mediate complex situations with managers and employees.
- Strong organizational skills, analytical and problem solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Able to support the full employee life cycle. Knowledge of principles and procedures for HR strategic and functional areas, especially employee relations and employee development. Additional familiarity with compensation and leave administration preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and act on decisions on a daily basis.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships across the school and university community.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Project management skills and proven ability to prioritize and drive programs to implementation.
- Analytical and data management skills.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and HR database software; SAP experience preferred.
Classified Title: Sr. HR Coordinator
Working Title: Human Resources Business Partner
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30 - 5 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/JH at Harbor East
Department name: Human Resources
Personnel area: Carey Business School
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Human-Resources-Business-Partner-MD-21202/867826200/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency